A Twisted Thronecoming: A Little Spark

"That was fun," Cerise said, gasping as she fell back onto the grass. Maddie and her were in the Enchanted Forest and had just finished a round of capture the flag. Cerise was skeptical that it would be any fun with only two people, but Maddie had proved her wrong. They had hidden their flags in the enchanted forest and had to race to find them. Cerise had won, but only barely. She may be fast, but Maddie was better at riddles. If Maddie had slightly longer legs, she probably would have won.

"Mixing and matching riddles with sports is always tea-riffic," Maddie said. She, too, was laying on the grass, breathing heavily. She didn't normally exercise this much.

Cerise checked her watch and sat up straight.

"Oh hex!" she exclaimed. "School's out! We missed all our classes!"

Maddie sat up. "Really? Oh, that's terrible! I was so looking forward to geogrofairy."

Cerise sighed. "Well, one day of school won't kill us. I really needed today off, anyway."

"You can talk to me about what's bothering you, Cerise," Maddie said, folding her hands in her lap. "I know I'm not Raven, but I'm still your friend."

Cerise sighed. "I guess I feel a little bored. There's not a lot of fun things going on in my life, and I hardly ever see Raven or Cedar. I feel like a total lone-wolf."

Maddie pouted, looking to the sky as she thought over Cerise's predicament. Really, she shouldn't even be here, in the forest, as her part was elsewhere in this story. Although, the narrator did admire that she was a good friend. Still, Cerise had her own story to go through, and that didn't involve Maddie.

"It's very hard to think when you're narrating so aggressively, Brooke," Maddie said. Cerise looked at her strangely.

"Who's Brooke?" Cerise asked.

"Oh, she's the narrator. Don't worry about her, you can't hear her anyway." She ignored Brooke, instead turning back to Cerise. "What you need is something to take your mind off your troubles. Something fun, that will distract you! You could even make new friends?"

"Like what?" Cerise said. "I don't really feel like joining a club."

"How about running for thronecoming queen?" Maddie suggested. Cerise barked out a laugh.

"No offense, Maddie, but I'm not exactly the type."

"It doesn't matter if you're the type," Maddie said. "It only matters if you want to do it. You don't have to be a royal to run, you know."

Cerise couldn't believe she was actually considering it, but what Maddie said made sense. She did enjoy a good party, and she did have a pretty big bad and bold fashion sense. Maybe she could show people that they didn't have to only do things that followed their destinies.

"Okay," Cerise said. "I guess I'll run for Thronecoming queen."

"Hooray!" Maddie said, hugging Cerise tightly. "I just know you'll have so much fun!"

...

Darling paced back and forth in the Tower Hair Salon as her, Cedar, and Holly waited for Blondie to arrive. This was it. They were really doing it. They're plan was unfolding in front of them.

"Are you sure she's coming?" Darling asked for the fourth time. Holly was brushing her hair in a salon chair as Cedar observed everything with her new truth-telling glasses. She had gotten them at Heritage Hall as a gift from her dad, which would come in handy when they were inspecting the book. All Darling's mom had left her was a mirror, which she gave to Daring.

Impatient, Darling checked the time. Blondie was supposed to be here five minutes ago, and she was usually quite punctual. It made Darling wonder if she was really coming.