Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Tempest breathed in the clean air as they walked towards the Pack House when a pang of sadness, of loss engulfed her. Home! Here being at the Compound brought back memories of a home she'd likely never see again, the weight of that loss now lying heavily in her heart. Her hand inadvertently came to her chest, her palm rubbing gently over the area of her heart, trying to ease a pain that would always be with her.

Tempest lived in Sydney, but it wasn't her home, she honestly believed she'd never again have a true home. It was with this sense of sadness that she entered the Pack House, too tired to even take in her surroundings. The last thing she wanted was to deal with the Alpha, all she wanted was to go back to her apartment and crawl into bed.

Trae knocked on Wade's office door before opening it. He led Tempest into the room, but remained in the doorway. Wade looked up from his computer screen, "Come on in and take a seat."

"I won't be staying," she replied and remaining standing.

Wade sighed. Why the woman couldn't just do as she was asked he didn't know. "Fine," he got to his feet, moving around to the other side of his desk. "I wanted to thank you for what you did for Mitch and his mate."

"I did what was necessary to keep Miriam alive. That she's also Mitch's mate had no bearing on it."

Wade glanced at Trae then turned his gaze to Tempest once more. "You look tired Dr Kincaid. Why not utilise the suite you were allocated and stay for a few days to relax?"

"Thank you for the offer Mr Benning, but I need to get back to work. Your Pack healer will be able to help if Miriam has any questions about her transition. I'm actually surprised your healer wasn't brought in when we arrived here with Miriam?"

"You didn't ask for a healer?"

"No Mr Benning I didn't. I was somewhat busy tending to your new wolf, besides this is your Pack, it would be your decision to bring in a healer."

Wade scowled at her, "We no longer have a healer. She passed on six weeks ago."

"Surely she would have been training someone to..."

"For a human, you seem to know a great deal about Were's and Pack life. As you've already said this is my Pack, obtaining a healer is my responsibility. Stay a couple of days, enjoy the time out from work."

"As I already told you Mr Benning, that isn't necessary."

Wade took a step towards her, running a hand over his face in frustration. "That wasn't a request Dr Kincaid. It's not exactly safe in the city, I'd much prefer you remain her for the mean time."

"As I've stated Mr Benning, this is your Pack." Tempest took a breath doing her level best to remain calm. "What you've neglected to remember is that I'm not part of it. You have no right to order me to stay here."