- Prologue -

...

The first time I saw him.
A sticky midsummer afternoon, the red dust and sweat that ran along my arms drew me into a tired daze. My father was standing beside me, swollen pride on his sparkling eyes: me, his son, Achilles.

My feet were sore and bloody from the race, and my heart pulsed deafeningly. It was all too much: the praise, the heat, the pain.

It was then that I spotted him. Through the swirling dirt of the running track, amidst the heavy smell of laurels and olive oil, was a boy.

He was staring at me.

He must have been around my age, his cheeks and body still full with childish youth. But there was a tinge of hopelessness in that boy's eyes that seemed too mature for his age. He observed me, his amber eyes narrowed on mine. It was bitter resentment stained on that wood-soaked gaze, tinged with darkest envy. A feeling sprung and seeded from the purest dislike. A feeling intense, alive, flickering and painful.

A feeling of hate.

A voice called out to me, and it was father, placing the laurels on my crown. I turned to him and smiled, but in that moment, I had not a care about the leaves upon my head. I looked back to the boy, but he had looked away already, and his eyes were now void of feeling, empty and cold.

...

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading this prologue, I will try my best to update weekly and hopefully you guys enjoyed this first part!

Please save, vote and comment :)