Chapter 7: 3 Years Later

7 A.M, Saturday morning, a start of a new day in Old London.

A carriage was parked at entrance to The Society of Arcane Science. Iris was happily waiting for the people to get out. The horseman steps down the perch, and opens the carriage door. 3 people step out, holding bags. "Ele, you and Founto should've let me-" "Leuka, I told you time and time again: it's best for us to fly to transportation vehicles. Your wings can't always do everything, you know." A girl says. "Ele's right. Otherwise, how else will we transport our stuff?" Another one says. "Leuka! Ele! Founto! You've made it!" Iris ran to them and gave Ele a hug.

"Iris! It's so good to see you too, dear friend!" Ele said. "It was a long trip, but at least we made it." Founto says as the carriage left. "I'm so happy you came to visit and stay a few nights! My uncle hasn't had visitors in months. Come, I'll show you around!" They follow Iris and she opens the doors. "Not much has happen before you came. But a lot has improved."

"Iris? Is it always so dark? Because it looks haunted to me." Leuka asks. "Leuka, every building and house has a light switch. Which sound be... Umm..." Ele tries to find the light switch. "Now what were you saying about some sort of light switch?" Founto said. Iris chuckles, "Don't worry you guys. It's right here. Lights please!" Iris claps her hands, and the gears turn. Soon the lights turn on. Revealing the beautiful inside portion of the building. "Ta-da! This is what The Society looks like from the inside!" Iris exclaimed.
"Unbelievable... Iris, this is extraordinary." "Thanks Ele. My uncle took a lot of time to make this possible. Because where would science be if he didn't make it a possibility?" Iris replied, and Ele responded, "You do have a point there, Iris. After all, someone is fascinated about something that is... scientific~" "H-Hey! Come on, Ele! I just find alchemy so interesting! Don't try to make it a joke, you know!" Fountokiá exclaimed. "Plus, my father supports my decision ever so much, ever since my mother died."

"Founto..." Fountokiá looks at Iris. "I know Ele just likes to mess around sometimes, but she's more than that than what you think. Right?" "I guess you're right..." Fountokiá replied. "Anyways, I can't wait to show you all around this place!"
"And she is just filled with excitement about it. You have no clue how long she wanted for you three to arrive here. I must say, I'm also quite thrilled to see you." Jekyll appeared, eavesdropping the conversation. "Uncle Henry!" She hugs him immediately as she heard him.

"I'm happy that you decided to stay for a sleepover this week." Jekyll said to them. "Oh, it's nothing." Ele started, "It's our first time in the United Kingdom, after all." "Are you... Doctor Jekyll?" Fountokiá asked him. "Oh, why yes. Yes I am. Why'd you a-" Fountokiá squeals in excitement. "I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I'M SUCH A HUGE FAN OF YOUR WORK!! I'VE READ THE NOVEL ABOUT YOU!! STUDIED SOME ALCHEMY, LEARNED A LOT ABOUT YOU, AND-" Her mouth was covered by Leuka's hand, leaving her to muffle. "Sorry about that... She gets too excited because she's so fascinated about you and this... Hyde." Leuka said.

"Not a problem. "Jekyll chuckles, "I'm not bothered one bit. It's intriguing that your friend is loving my works. Even if it means a lot to one person that strikes my heart with a letter of appreciation." "My uncle is the founder of this society along with my Uncle Robert." Iris interrupted; Jekyll continues. "Indeed Iris, I think that science deserves a chance to show that it's not for mad people. I made an attempt to make an exhibition 10 years ago, but... it was a disaster. I thought I've given up since it failed so miserably. But the lodgers helped me keep on going... even her mother. Then 2 year later, she helped me prepare for the exhibition with her father's permission, since he caused the last exhibition to be a disaster. And it worked! Look at what we are now! If it weren't for her, I... I..." Jekyll stopped, as he didn't know what to say next.

Iris hugs and looks at him. His warm smile paints his face. "I wouldn't know what else to do." "It seems like your care about her, the lodgers, and your reputation." Ele said. "Correct. It's exactly all I wanted. Looks like you read my mind like a book." "I would have to look at the pages of your memories if I did." She corrected him. "Ele..." Leuka whispered.
"Anyways, your rooms are ready. Make sure to read the signs on the door. And Íris, get ready for your next class. It's with Mr. Tweedy." "Okay, Uncle Jekyll." She runs off before saying, "I'll talk to you guys later!"