Paralouge

Point of narration: ??

After what happened last night. I was so tired, that I fell asleep once we got there. Homeschooling was so much fun. I couldn't think of anything else if I went to school. I just loved how my aunts, uncles, and grandparents were there to teach me of stuff I never knew. Scientific stuff! They are so amazing to be with! I couldn't have asked for anything better.
My uncle Henry Jekyll, he told me about his theory and of the experiment he did. I remember what he told me. "Iris, promise me this. Never, and I mean NEVER, tell anyone about this. I don't want people to know what I did years ago. Can you do that?" I, of course, am a trustworthy person. So I kept his promise, and never told a soul. Not even to Robert.

My mother would tell me a bird would sing to soothe their children. How their voice can drown the sorrows away, like pouring a bucket of dirty water down the drain. Her way of words came into my brain, like a happy memory that never left my mind.
And Jaspy told me that the wind can guide you to your future destination of choice. How it knows to carry you to the right place to be. I believed that, since the wind helped me get to The Society.

But my father, is much different.
I can see him in reflected surfaces. Like mirrors and windows. Even when he's a shadow. And I even have his abilities. Like jumping so good. He told me that he's in Uncle Henry's psyche. So he's able to talk to me and him. And I guess I learned a new thing days ago believe it or not. That I am able to get into Henry's psyche. So I guess I'm able to appear as a shadow and on reflective surfaces. I just go in the mirror and boom, into my uncle's psyche. My father was ecstatic that I was able to do that. I remembered the hug he gave me. It was the most... heartwarming hug I have ever had in my life.
We would have so much fun playing in Uncle Henry's psyche. I absolutely adore it.

My father told me such stories of my mother and about him. He even told me why I lived in the woods for seven years. "Your mother didn't want them to find out that you are the daughter of a criminal bloodline. A criminal like me. So when she was pregnant, she had to make the decision to bring you in the woods for your first seven years of life." I remembered asking him, "Daddy, did you miss me?" And my father responded with, "Well of course I did! I just wanted to see you in person so that I can give you the biggest affection you could ever ask for."

I really loved when he would look so... how do I put it? Abstract? I mean, whenever he gets really angry, he just looks so fiery and in abstract shapes or his emotions can manifest psychically. Even when he's not. I really love it. Because it felt so entertaining.
But one time, I guess I was at the wrong time to see him. I remembered that I was in Henry's psyche. And I saw him aurguing with my uncle. I was confused at the time.

"Daddy?" I remembered saying. Then I remembered him yelling and almost in shapes, "WHAT DO YOU WANT!!!" It scared me to my core. My father realized what he did as he saw that I was about to cry. "Oh no... Oh no, no, no, I'm so sorry, Iris. I didn't mean to lash out. Come here." He gave me a hug at the time. "I never meant to yell at you... I'm so sorry... I promise, I will never yell at you again. Never..."
And ever since then, he's never yelled nor lashed at me. But I remember that he told me that my mother has an older brother.

I even found out about the Blackfog Bazar when my father and my Uncle Henry were bickering. I jumped into their conversation, "What's Blackfog?" I asked. That made my uncle shocked with nothing to say. My father however, "Ohhh doctor~! You better watch out! She will remember this for the rest of her life now~"
As my father told me a lot more about the bazar, it made me want to go there. My wish came true about 5 days later. It was the best experience I've had in my life. I would go with him at night and do lots of stuff with him. I know I was a child, but he wanted me to see new places.

We would have such fun at the night. And he would bring me gifts when I was asleep in some days. He even loves my wheelharp performances. But he would... act strange. I didn't know why, but didn't think of it.
Overall, I love my family! My birthdays were amazing, holidays are beautiful, and I even made new friends.

I never felt this happiness in my life.

The Cursed Iris (The Glass Scientists fanfic story) (slow writing)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara