Chapter ❇10❇

*kicks down door* I'M BAAAAACK!!!

I like haven't updated in forever . . . sorry . . . um . . .

Enjoy?

Keefe's pov.

Keefe woke up to clicking.

At first, he couldn't tell what it was he was hearing. But laying there, his mind groggy from sleep, his head swarmed with tiredness, he finally realized what it was.

A human camera.

Which led to the next question: why was he hearing a camera?

He opened his eyes, then winced, shutting them again. A headache flared to life at the brightness of the room, and he waited for his eyes to adjust to being awake. Then he forced them open again and squinted, blinking a couple times in order to get them working properly.

When he was finally able to see, he looked to his side for no particular reason and saw . . .

Sophie.

Sophie, right next to him, curled into a little ball. Her back was to him and she was pressed up against his chest, her arms folded at her stomach. His left arm was draped over her, hugging her close. She was still asleep.

Well.

That's new.

He was dumbfounded; when had this happened?

And then it hit him.

His nightmare.

He cringed and had the desire to hit himself. It was just like him, having a stupid nightmare over his stupid parents. What kind of a person does that? How dumb did he have to be to be scared of his own parents?

Squeezing his eyes shut in embarrassment, Keefe tried to remember exactly what had happened the night before.

He had been having a nightmare . . .

Sophie woke him up . . .

She comforted him . . .

And they fell asleep. It had been an accident.

So why did he feel so . . . strange? Like his heart was pounding a million mikes an hour, and his hands were tingling like he had manifested as an Enhancer, all of a sudden.

But at the same time, it felt . . . right. Like this was supposed to happen. Like putting the let piece of a puzzle in place.

His face felt hot, and he tried to force it to cool as he finally searched the room for the reason he woke up: a camera

Except, when he spotted it, it wasn't just a camera.

It was Biana. And Marella. And Lihn. All standing there, smiling like idiots, while Biana held her mother's expensive photography camera and stared at him and Sophie with a knowing grin and a mischievous look in her eyes.

Flushing, he tried to hide it with a yawn. He moved his arm away from Sophie, trying not to wake her, but of course she stirred anyway.

Just his luck.

The girls were giggling, now, and Biana fumbled to take more pictures of this moment. Keefe felt embarrassment burn in his bones.

Sophie, unbeknownst to anything, yawned and carefully sat up, rubbing her eyes tiredly.

"Morning," she greeted, flopping back onto her pillow.

Well, Keefe's pillow.

"Morning," Marella responded, struggling to contain her laughter. "Sleep well?"