1. the stakes are high

Hi guys I hope y'all are doing good.

In the spirit of Kinktober 2022, this is my contribution to the breeding kink cult.

Tags: Royal AU; Omegaverse; intersex Omega; Alpha!Naruto; Omega!Sasuke; breeding kink; knotting; vulgar language; Mpreg

Prompt: Breeding Kink

Please read the tags carefully. If any of these make you uncomfortable in any way I suggest you exit the fic at this very moment.

Just wanted to highlight this was my first time writing Omegaverse and despite reading it a lot, I don't know how to write it that well.

On that note, since the ABO universe is so free and allows for each author to create its own rules, I might have done that here as well... I did a lot of research but for the things to which I didn't find answers I took the liberty of making my own assumptions.

I dedicate this work to the Queen of ABO @venom33_ I hope this meets your standards🥺🥺🥺

Also wanted to give a special thanks to the wonderful queen Dhampir that helped me proofread this <3

This is HEAVILY inspired by Game of Thrones so you might recognize some terms from the show. GoT is my favorite show so that's why I got a little too excited to write this. I had originally planned for this to be a 2k oneshot but it ended up being 21k, and because of that, I have divided the story into 4 chapters to make it a little easier to read. If you're only interested in the smut and not the minimal plot, feel free to come back to the second and third chapters <3

Sorry for the long note. Anyway, hope you like this one :)

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•

Naruto Uzumaki embodied the epitome of an exemplary Alpha. Robust and a natural-born leader, his exceptional qualities came as no surprise, considering his lineage.

As the offspring of the previous king, the feared Alpha Minato Namikaze, and his mate, Kushina Uzumaki, Naruto had grown up with more blessings than curses. His prowess on the battlefield and his commandeering presence were almost as out of this world as his captivating beauty. Often described as ethereal, his boyish charms and sharp features swept every omega off their feet.

It was widely known that Naruto was highly desirable as a mate, evident from the numerous marriage proposals he received from betas, omegas, and even some alphas across the Five Great Nations.

His remarkable and astounding attributes and kind-hearted personality quickly endeared him to the entire kingdom, garnering unwavering support for his ascension to the throne after his father bravely fell in battle. Not only did the people respect a powerful alpha who could provide, but Naruto had also proven to be the kindest and most generous king the realm had ever witnessed.

Consequently, he became even more popular and beloved than his revered predecessor.

Tragically, following the news of the king's death, Naruto's mother, the queen, struggled to remain strong for her son. Eventually, unable to bear the years of silence and solitude within the towering walls, haunted by memories and servants, she tragically took her own life.

Five years later after the war had broken out, Naruto returned to the capital back his palace, only to be greeted by a somber assembly of black-clad servants. Initially, he assumed they had gathered to offer condolences for his father's passing. However, as he searched the crowd for the familiar mop of red hair, he instead found a figure with gray hair.