2

"Welcome to Darkwood"

" Population ; few thousands. Losing one every 15 years"

Layla -

I look at the signs that were in the front. Losing one every 15 years? What the hell does that mean? This place is already strange. Mom drives further into the place, that looks like a town. I am looking at the window seeing stores, restaurants and the people? The people look strange; meaning that they look like built monsters and when they turned to look at us, they were staring hard at us. I am not sure why. But however mom pushed on coming up on a corner then parking the car in a driveway.

" Alright, this was my house when I was your girls age. My parents, your grandparents had this house for generations so umm..."

" so do we get the house?" Rhea said in the backseat.

" Oh no, not happening. We are have to met Susan then we will be leaving."

Rhea sighed. I nodded my head. We get out of the car going up to the house. Mom opened the door with one key that was under the flower pot. Entering inside the house we cough due to the dust that was trapped inside the house.

" Girls, see what you can do on cleaning well I bring in the suitcases in."

" Okay mom" I said

Me and Rhea working cleaning around the house, getting rid of the dust and the cobwebs. When we finished it the house turned out pretty well. Me and Rhea smile at each other then took our suitcases to a room. I took the room on the end. I grim at the bed in the room. Mom comes into the room.

" Here is some bed sheets" mom said

" Thanks mom"

Taking the old looking bed sheets off of the bed. I place the new ones on the bed. Taking a breathe, wiping my forehead due to the heat inside the room. I turn around seeing a massive window in the room. The windows are very large, taking a step closer to the windows where I can see the woods in the back around. Smiling because of the stunning view of my room. I wonder how Rhea room is like.

Going to my suitcase to pick out some clean clothes so I can take a shower. When I have the clothes, I look for the bathroom. When I found the bathroom I wasted no time getting in the shower.

" Rhea! Layla! Come down, let's go!" Mom shouted out our names.

We raced down the stairs to see mom waiting for us.

" Where are we going mom?" Rhea asked.

" In town, Susan called again and wants to meet us at her house." Mom said with her eyebrows furrowed like she was stressed out.

We get inside the car where mom took off on the road heading to this Susan's house. It took us about a few minutes to get to the house but when we did. I saw a man was standing outside of the house with his hands in his pockets. Looking upon him, he was very built. His grey eyes looked straight at me.

We get out of the car where the unknown man steps closer to us.

" Mrs. Winston, welcome. It is very good to meet an friend of my mother's."

" Your Susan's son?"

" Yes, ma'am, I am. My name is Benjamin but I prefer Ben."

" Ben, well um these are my daughters. Layla my oldest and my youngest Rhea."

" Hello." Ben said

" My mom is inside make some food. She asked me to bring all of you to come inside while she is making the food. My father also will be coming he is just trying to get off his shift of work".

We move inside the house where I smell delicious food that filled in the whole house. We take a seat in the living room where I soon met mom's old friend Susan came in the room. When the conversation started between my mom and me and Rhea listen into the conversation between them all. Which was nice to see mom laugh and enjoy being with her friends.

When it was time for us to leave I walk back inside the car buckle my seatbelt but then stop because I felt someone looking at me. I look up seeing that it was Ben. Why was he staring at me like that. He never took his eyes off of me, it was making me nervous. Feeling the car pull back out of the driveway I shake my feelings away. It was nothing, we were heading home where we will sleep for the night and head back home in the morning where I will go to college, to start my life.

When we got to the house, Rhea and me raced to our rooms. Laughing the whole way I saw mom giving us smiles at us, acting crazy.

" I will start on dinner girls!" Mom said

" Okay!" We said back at mom as me and Rhea flipped on the TV.

when mom called us down for dinner we wasted no time digging into the food. The three of us washed the dishes then headed up to our rooms.

Finishing up my shower I slipped into my pjs.

Jumping in the bed ready for sleep and to head back home

Jumping in the bed ready for sleep and to head back home. Looking at the darkness of the room I could see the dark sky coming into the room which was peaceful to me. My eyes slowly start to close.

I woke up in the middle of the night because I heard something hitting the window. Then sitting up in the bed I sort of saw two black shadows moving around the room and the windows of the room were open.

Focusing my eyes better I saw two pair of eyes looking at me. Someone is in my room I was about to scream but I could not because this person put his hand on my mouth. Taking a look at his eyes were pure black then taking a look to my left there was another man in the room were I saw the man grabbing a piece cloth.

" Not one word, Mate" one of the men said

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Before I could say anything or do anything the cloth was placed over my mouth.

" Breathe it in mate. Breath in"

I tried to fight but I could not, and soon enough my eyes close, slipping into darkness.