1

Layla -

Hearing the alarm near my bed stand I turn it off. Rubbing my eyes from the sleep looking at my ceiling not wanting to get up from my soft, warm bed. But I do, I am 18 the last few days of High school before going to college. Hoping of me joining college will make Rhea join College when she is ready.

Getting out of the bed I walk to the bathroom to start my morning routine. Taking a shower then brushing my teeth before drying my hair. When I finished drying my hair and brushing hair I go to my closet for the right outfit.

Ending up with

( the outfit)

Stepping out of my room going down into the kitchen, I smile when I smelled my mother's famous waffles

" Good morning mom"

" Good morning mom"

" Good morning honey."

I take my seat and start to build my waffle to pure greatness. Hearing my sister come down the stairs and taking her seat at the table. The three of us start to eat and start to talk about what our day will be like.

Placing my plate in the sink, Rhea following my lead we leave out the door heading to the car so we can get to school in time.

Coming into the school parking lot I hop out and so does Rhea. Both of heading to our classes for the day as mom went to work. When school ended me and Rhea met back up at the car and headed home. Once we got home, I stepped inside the kitchen to fix myself a snack. Half way done making the snack the phone started to ring. Looking at the phone caller ID, not knowing the number making me think that it could be someone for mom so I yell out.

" Mom, the phone."

She raced down the stairs to pick out the phone thinking that it was about work but it was not. Where Rhea came down listening in the phone call then she took the phone from mom and started to speak to the other person. While Rhea was speaking on the phone, mom glared at her.

" okay. We will be there"  Rhea said

Rhea ended the call then looked at mom who was still glaring her down.

" What have you done, Rhea!"

" What. She is your friend, from high school. She has been calling you for weeks, months and you never answered back. She wants you to get back in touch with you, it can not be that bad mom." Rhea said kissing mom on the cheek then leaving the kitchen like nothing happen.

Mom looked at me " this girl". I laugh as watched mom walk away. I guess we are going to mom's hometown.

" Girls, pack your things that you want to bring. And get it in the car, we must get to the road at a good time."

Leaving the house it was turn to lock the front door of the house. Heading to the car, getting inside the passenger side of the car.

" So mom, what is the name of your hometown?" I asked

" Darkwood, it is called Darkwood. Home to a few thousand people. And it is okay.. I guess."

I look at Rhea and she just shrugged her shoulders in the backseat. 

------------------------

The house she will never see again.