Chapter 16

The next morning, Heather felt the bright morning sunlight gleam through her windows and she sleepily rolled around on her bed, reaching her arms out to lean against Alejandro's body and snuggle in his chest.

She froze when she realized he wasn't in the bed next to her and her eyes snapped wide open.

The next moment, she immediately breathed a sigh of relief when she heard the sound of water running from the bathroom - he must be taking a shower.

Heather yawned and stretched her arms. She realized she was pretty thirsty, and that this would probably be a good time to go downstairs and pour herself a glass of water.

She got up from her bed and then scanned her bedroom...something about it seemed different. The next moment, a tiny smile formed on her lips as she saw Alejandro's white shirt and suit jacket scattered on the floor, along with the dress she had worn to last night's awards ceremony.

Heather started humming - a rare occurrence - as she jogged down the stairs in her pyjama shirt and shorts. Once she reached the kitchen she suddenly heard the sound of the front door unlocking and she stopped in her tracks.

The door slowly opened, revealing Courtney.

"Court? What are you doing here?" Heather let out a laugh.

"Heath, I also live here, remember?" Courtney replied. "I've only been away for one night, surely you haven't forgotten me already?"

"I know!" Heather laughed again as she played around with the ends of her hair. "I just thought you wouldn't be back from Duncan's place until Monday."

Courtney was about to open her mouth to speak again when she suddenly heard the voice of a man.

"Heather? Are you on the phone with someone?" Alejandro gently asked as he slowly walked down the stairs; he was shirtless, with only a towel wrapped around his waist.

Courtney's eyes widened and she instantly gasped at the sight of Alejandro, whilst Heather felt a blush forming on her cheeks. Courtney then turned to look back at Heather, her mouth still agape. She wanted to say something, but for some reason, no words came out and she simply stood there like a statue, whilst continuing to flick her gaze between Heather and Alejandro.

The room remained utterly silent for the next few moments, aside from the sound of the clock ticking.

"Uh, I'll just be upstairs," Alejandro awkwardly said, breaking the silence, as he scratched his hair and started walking back up the stairs upon noticing Heather and Courtney's expressions.

"Wait!" Heather blurted out. Alejandro turned back around.

"Court, this is my boyfriend, Alejandro," Heather confidently said a moment later as she walked over to grab Alejandro's hand and instantly felt his fingers intertwine with her's. "Alejandro, this is Courtney, my best friend and housemate."

"Nice to meet you, Courtney." Alejandro gave Courtney a polite smile.

Courtney gasped and she finally managed to find her words. "Oh my gosh, boyfriend? Heath?! Welcome to the club, I feel like a proud mom! You're going to have to give me all the details later!" Courtney squealed as she pulled Heather into a hug. Heather let out a laugh at her best friend's reaction and hugged her back.

Courtney then turned to look at Alejandro. "Also, if you do anything to hurt her, know that you'll be dealing with me," she firmly said.

"Court," Heather groaned. "Give him a break."

"It's alright," Alejandro let out a chuckle as he held Heather's hand again. "And I want to reassure you that I absolutely have no intention of doing anything that would hurt Heather the slightest," he added firmly and without any hesitation as he turned to look Courtney in the eye.