3. Talk

Back in LA:

After the phone conversation with her son, Adam, Ricki was really upset but also moved from what her granddaughter did. She walked to the room Lillian was currently staying in, leaning against the door frame while watching her granddaughter dance and sing around the room. Obviously she was beyond happy.

"Sweetheart!" Ricki called out, stopping Lillian dead in her tracks as she heard the sound of her grandmothers voice. "Hi!" she smiled sheepishly as she placed down the stuff she held in her hands.

"I just got off the phone with your Dad!" Ricki said with a small smile. "Oh fuck!" Lillian mumbled as she let herself fall onto her bed and sighed as she looked up at the ceiling.

"Yeah fuck is surely the right word for this. Adam is worried about you honey; you weren't answering his calls and you aren't home!" Ricki gently said as she walked to her granddaughter.

"Adam freaked out as I was just diagnosted with my astma. So he told me not to come here. But I wanted to come here so bad, I was so excited to come here. I love to be with you, Greg, the band and Julie. I didn't understand why they had forbidden me to come her, I still don't understand it. Adam just don't understand how much you mean to me, how important it is to see you at least once a year. It really hurts me that I can't see you more then I do right now. I pray every night that Adam finally sees what you mean to me and how important you are to me. I wish he could finally see how much I need a woman in my life. I need someone to talk about girl stuff and I am absolutely not going to talk about these things with my Dad's or brother. They just don't see that I need you and that I love you!" Lillian whispered as tears formed in her eyes.

Ricki sat there next to her granddaughter and just listened to what Lillian just told her. "I am so sorry that your fathers realised that you need a women in your life. And I am glad that you feel safe here with us. I love to have you here, but still you can't just run away from home. You can always talk to your Dad's if there is something you need to get off of your chest!"

"They don't listen, Oma. They take it for granded that I am okay, that I am always there if they need something, when they feel sad. But they don't see when I am not feeling well, when I am not good. They take all that for granded, but they are not there for me when I need them. They don't see that I don't feel good either, but they just ignore it. They don't even see me, they are just worried about that damn trail and their work. They see Noah and how he is feeling. But they can also be so overprotetive, that I can't even leave my room without them worrying about me all the fucking time. I feel like Dad and Pops just can't decide if they should worry about me like crazy or if they should let me get my love and attention elsewhere. What leads directly to what we have now, what they overprotective part doesn't want to have. But what should I tell you, Pops don't even like you. It hurts me so much that he hates you so much. It hurts that he hates me to come here, because he thinks that you have a bad influence on me, what is a the sillyest thing I have probably ever heard. I just can't stand it that he treats you so badly, that he doesn't even see that he is hurting me with hurting you!" Lillian plured her heart out, trying hard not to break down crying.

Ricki on the other hand just sat there next to her trembling granddaughter and listened to every single word she had to say. She couldn't really believe how much all that had effected the young girl . Just to imagen that Lillian came out here to get attention and love from her grandmother instead of her fahters really broke Ricki's heard. What was also really bothering her that Lillian obviously didn't saw another solution then to just run away from home to get some time with her grandmother, she obviously loved dearly. On the other hand it melted Ricki's heart to hear that Lillian would rather stay with her then with Adam. It also melted her heart that Lillian tried desperately to protect Ricki and that she was feeling better when she stayied in LA.