Chapter 16: Glory

Deathbringer's POV

I lingered in the shadows, spying the five leaders. When I heard of my orders for the first time, I was completely confused. Why would someone so powerful want to hurt someone so...magnificent? I've been watching Glory and her band of super heroes for about a few weeks now and I was still stuck with that lingering feeling in my chest. I couldn't get her out of my head. 

Everywhere I went she was in my head. Giving me that hot smirk. I rolled my dark brown eyes, I shouldn't be thinking like this. She was a target. A target. Get that through your thick scull, Deathbringer. She's. A. Target. With a sigh, I started to climb the League. I had to get these thoughts out of my head. 

After a few moments of endless climbing, I finally reached the roof their little League. League. Please. It was no league. It was just some school for kids who had powers. It was sad really, watching all those kids walking through those doors with hope in their eyes. Laying down, I turned to face the stars. They twinkled and danced. Mocking me. As if saying, "Hey Deathbringer. Look at us. Even we have our lives together!" 

I let out a scoff but continued to gaze up at them. They danced around the sky, shining in their glory. There I go again. Bringing Glory into every thought. Glory... her beautiful emerald green eyes shone in my mind, clouding my judgement. Her snarky remarks circled my brain, captivating my heart. 

"This shouldn't happen," I muttered. I covered my eyes with my hands and let out a groan in exasperation. "Really shouldn't..." 

But it did. And I was defiantly falling for her. Ah crap. I was screwed. Well, if I was going to be damned I might as well try to join that stupid league. I just hope that He wouldn't try to kill me in my sleep.