S1 EP5 - The Harvest Moon Festival (Part 3 - The Pain Games)

Y/N's Perspective
Rough 'n' Tumbleweed Ranch, Wrath Ring
Tuesday, 24/03/2020

"Hold up-" Loona said as she saw the book, snatching it from me. "Wait a fucking minute-" She studied the book in shock. "Where the fuck did you get this?" She asked, clearly confused.

"From a client." I said casually, going back to flicking through the pages. "Gave it to me as payment for killing her husband and his fling."

The two of us were silent for a moment as I flicked through the pages of the book, eventually finding the one for the Imp disguise and reading the incantation, the room being enveloped in a bright red light.

"So how exactly are you gonna convince Dad that it's you?" Loona asked, looking at me with her arms folded as I tucked the book away.

"Easy: I'm not." I said casually, smiling at her. "See, Blitz and I have actually had a run-in before. He almost ran me over in the van, and that was what prompted me to check out I.M.P.!"

"Thank God you did... after what happened at Spring Break I never thought I'd meet another hellhound like Vortex." She smiled at me, her expression soft.

"Yeah, you've told me about him. Didn't he say he was gonna have a hellhound party at some point?" I asked, jamming my hands into my pockets and leaning on the wall next to her. "Something about introducing you to his girlfriend?"

"Oh yeah, that was... I think we agreed on the second Sunday of next month. I told him that I had someone I wanted him to meet as well. He seemed pretty stoked I made a friend when I told him, and that he couldn't wait to meet you."

"Well, he sounds like a blast and a half." I said with a small chuckle. "I don't come across many hellhounds, so it'll be nice to finally meet him."

"I think you'll like him, Y/N. He's a good guy." Loona said, looking towards the door. "Anyway, shall we get out there? You do need to sign up still, after all."

"Yeah, let's go. Don't wanna miss the chance to come out on top." I pushed off the wall and walked to the door, leaving with Loona following behind. "You might wanna head back to the others. They'll get nosey if they see you and some random imp walking around together."

"Okay, and how do you say we do that?" Loona asked, stopping at the bottom of the stairs.

"Simple: you head out the door and back to the group, tell 'em that I've headed off to poke around the festival, and I go out through a window and sign up for the games." I explained, already backing towards one of the windows on the opposite wall to the door.

"Whatever you say then, dipshit." She said with a shrug as she left the house. I turned and pulled the window open before jumping through, noticing a crowd of imps beginning to form in front of a stage, surrounded by various food stalls and what had to be the course for the Pain Games.

I looked around for any signs or flyers about the games to see where sign-up was, and eventually I found one stuck to a fencepost. I pulled it off and started flicking over the paper, looking for something to help me.

"The annual Pain Games... held on the Harvest Moon Festival... prizes to be won... sign up- here it is. Sign up is behind the main stage, at the course's entry point."

I put the poster back and headed towards the stage, seeing Stolas sitting under the shade structure set up on the back half of the stage. His red eyes pierced through the dimly lit half-tent, moving in a way that made me feel they were following me.

A shiver shot up my spine but I pressed forward nonetheless, walking past the stage to see a small marquee set up behind it, with a tall imp and a hellhound sitting at a folding table under it.