Chapter 35

(Abducted by a Hot Vampire: Prince Darrius, Part 2 Chapter 10) ~Maximus is in this chapter after he left Isobel to get back to work protecting the palace etc etc~ *scroll down/across to get back to Isobel's POV if you've already read this part*

Jennifer's POV

After spanking me until I apologized, my ass was feeling sore and red and Darrius was all too happy to see it that way. Then he places me back on the bed and starts to slowly kiss me senseless. However we don't get much further. Darrius is about to unclasp my bra when the door dramatically opens without a knock first.

I look over Darrius' shoulder to see who it is and I narrow my eyes when I see the intruder.

I thought Darrius locked the door, how did he get in?

"Oh, wow!" Maximus is joyfully amused on what he has barged in on, "Uh, sorry to interrupt?" It was the most insincere apology I have ever heard.

Typical.

I roll my eyes and Darrius' eyes darken quite a bit.

Without a word, Darrius rolls off me, stands up and turns to face Maximus.

"How did you get in?" I ask Maximus and he gives me a wicked smile and winks.

"I have a key to this room, darling -"

I guess I should have expected what was bound to happen... but I am still shocked when Darrius rushes Maximus and grabs him by the throat, squeezing down hard, making Maximus' face go red.

I haven't really seen them fight and my hand flys up to my mouth, worried Darrius will actually hurt him. Maximus grabs Darrius' wrist and raises an eyebrow, cocking his head to the side.

"Don't ever call her darling again," Darrius snarls, "Don't wink at her, don't smile at her and don't even look at her. Got it?" Darrius shoves Maximus backwards violently and Maximus groans as he cracks his neck to both sides, massaging his neck with his hand.

"Can I ask what that was for, buddy?" Maximus asks, trying to sound as innocent as possible - but truly looking confused.

Darrius looks like he is about to attack Maximus again so I decide to intervene.

"He thinks you slept with me," I say, "Thanks to Isobel."

"Hah!" Maximus laughs but only glances at me because Darrius just ordered him not to look at me - which was utterly ridiculous, "Darrius, I was in here protecting her. I didn't sleep with her. I mean, it's not that I don't want to -" Maximus starts to smile and laugh but instantly halts as Darrius' expression darkens even further, "Ahem," Maximus pretends to cough, "Uh - argh, yeah okay that wasn't funny."

"What do you want, buddy?" Darrius asks sarcastically. Barely holding back from probably throwing a punch or two and most probably considering snapping Maximus' neck.

"I just went back onto my duties," Maximus says, all laughter gone from his tone now, "Claudia is missing, we believe she has gone out into the city to find Johnathan. She is human now so she can go out in the sun."

"When was she last seen?" Darrius asks, worry now overlapping the anger in his tone.

"I took her to get breakfast and talk a few things out - then something came up and I had to have a little chit chat to Isobel. That's the last time I saw her," Maximus crosses his arms over his chest, "I can't go out and look for her because it's daylight. She could be anywhere but she should be smart enough to stay safe."

"We need to get her back, she isn't safe out there as a human especially if she is trying to find Johnathan. He might kill her," Darrius sighs, frustrated, running a hand through his hair, "I'm not sure how we can find her -"