Chapter 10

"My real father is Alan Becker, right?" Amber managed to mumble out, Spencer hummed as he nodded.

"Why didn't you tell me!" Amber hissed slightly as Spencer shook his head and sighed

"I didn't want you to hurt like this..." Spencer mumbled out.

"I'm almost 18!" She smacked the mattress as she bolted up.

"...I... I deserved to know..." Amber mumbled quietly.

"I know- and I'm so- so sorry- I knew I tried to tell you but... I just didn't know how..." Spencer mumbled out, tilting his head down.

Amber moved over, leaning on her foster father's shoulder. Wiping away the tears.

"What was he like?" Amber asked, if she was handed over to Spencer as a child, there must've been a reason why it was them, and the most logical answer was that they had some sort of relationship.

"He was a great animator. We met at college, I didn't believe him when he once said that a stickfigure attacked his computer.
We got into quite an argument that day." Spencer chuckled a little, the tension in the air calming.

"What happened next?" Amber asked curiously, still sniffing a little.

"We made a bet to see if what he was saying was true. After drawing a stickfigure that I also helped in designing, we waited for a long time to see it come to life. After the end of the day, he had to pay me 50 bucks, Heheh." Spencer continued, looking at Amber

"Turns out after we both left the room, the stickfigure was alive, I didn't feel like getting Alan back to my place so I just..."

"Just?..." Amber asked, a more concerned and sorrowful tone in her voice

"Don't worry, I didn't delete them but... I think what I did was still pretty bad..." Spencer added.

"Dad... what did you do?..." Amber asked... concerningly

"I messed with the stickfigure's code..." He mumbled out, before shaking his head.

"It was before I realized stickfigures are pretty humanly too, they should've had the same rights, and that stickfigure was now destroying my computer too." Spencer stated, a sad tone in his voice as he took a deep breath.

"Eventually me and Alan had a talk about it though, and I didn't have to give back 50 bucks." Spencer spoke out with a smile

"If you're worried if Alan was a bad person, just remember we're still humans, young adults, this was like 13 years before Alan had you, so you can tell we were still bound by mistakes, but we would make it up to them, to ourselves, to try and change, be a better person.

You've seen AvA5 right? Alan helped Second and the others, he's learned from his past mistakes and knows what to do and who to protect, trying to help as much as he can..."

"He would've wanted to do the same for you, trust me..." Spencer smiled and Amber, who had a stunned expression.

"Really?" Amber mumbled out

"Yeah, you've never seen it but he really loves his fan base too. Taking help from his fans for merchandise and ideas, he was a bright man..." Spencer chuckled

A call for dinner was muffled, but was still able to be heard.

"Its time for dinner, do you want me to get you food or can you come down and eat with us?" Spencer asked worriedly as he got up.

Amber stood up after him.

"I can go down and eat with you and mom."

Before continuing out the room, Amber gave Spencer a quick hug

"Thanks dad, I needed that. I feel better now..."

Amber mumbled out before walking off, a relived and proud smile seen on her father's face.