The Move

It was a nice and sunny day in Santa Carla, as the Emersons drove to their new home. Lucy was switching through radio stations as the kids didn't like what was on "Keep going." next one "Keep going.", when Lucy found a station, she said with excitement "Oh wait wait wait this is from my era Groovin on a Sunday afternoon." the three kids looked at each other and smirked "Keep going."  Lucy smiled "Gee you guys are so rough. Hey, we are almost there.". Sam wrinkled his nose and said with disgust "Mom what's that smell?". Lucy took a whiff of the air "Oh that's the ocean air. Don't worry honey you'll get used to it."  "Smells like someone died." am said, Lucy looked sighed sadly and at Sam, Michael and Mary "Oh sweeties I know the past year has been rough, but things are going to change for the better." Michael and Marrisa looked at the 'Welcome to Santa Carla' as they passed, they saw 'Murder capital of the world' written on it.

Lucy looked down at the dashboard and cursed "Damn." Sam looked at her questionably "Missing Arizona yet Mom?" Lucy looked at Sam with a glare on her face. Marissa leaned forward and flicked her brother's ear "What the hell was that for Marissa?!" Lucy smirked at this, "Shut it Sam!" the car came to a stop at a gas station "No I'm not missing Arizona, we are on E for gas.". All four Emersons got out and stretched their legs, while Lucy filled the car, Sam took Nanook for a walk, Mike took his bike and started asking around if there are any jobs available, and Mary stayed by the car until Lucy told her to go give some money to two kids eating out of the garbage. Once the car was filled Sam and Nanook got in the car as did Mary "Are you getting in honey?" Lucy asked Michael "No I'll follow you guys.". Lucy shrugged as she got in the car and drove off to her dads as Mike followed on his bike. They pulled into a long driveway up to a house that looks more like a summer cabin. Mary, Lucy, and Sam got out of the car, Sam called for Nanook to get out of the car and off he went to chase or heard the horses, you choose. Lucy saw her dad on lying down on the porch and ran up to him and lightly started to shake him "Dad? Dad? Dad?" Michael looked at him and said, "Looks like he's dead." Mary looked at her older brother with a 'You idiot shut your mouth' look Lucy smiled softly and said, "No he's just a deep sleeper." Sam asked hopefully "If he's dead can we move back to Pheonix?", at this point Mary had enough shit from her brothers and smacked them both in the back of the head and both Emerson boys said in unison "Ow!" Mary looked at both of them and said "Be serious both of you, for all we know he could actually be dead!" Grandpa opened his eyes and lifted his head up "Playin' dead. And from what I hear doing a damn good job at it to" he chuckled. Lucy sighed and looked at her dad with a smile on her face "Oh Dad!" they hugged, and she helped him up.

As Grandpa got up the Emerson kids when to the car to start grabbing boxes, Michael grabbed his weight with clothes on it, Sam grabbed a box full of kitchen stuff, and Mary grabbed some of her bags. The kids were stopped at the steps so grandpa can hug and kiss them all. He looked at Michael "Holy hell Michael you sure have grown. Sam you're no longer a little guy anymore, you're a big guy now huh? And Marissa you sure have changed how old are you now?" Mary smiled at her grandpa "18 almost 19, Grandpa." he chuckled "You know you look more and more like your grandmother every time I see you, which reminds me she left something for all of you." Grandpa went inside and they followed. He went into another room with Lucy as the kids stayed in the living room "This place is kinda cool." Mary said with a smile, Sam rolled his eyes as he walked towards the kitchen "Yeah for The Texas Chainsaw Massacre." "Come bro give Mom a break." Mary rolled her eyes as Sam said "Guys what's wrong with this picture? I don't see a TV. Mary do you see a TV? Mike do you see a TV? You know what that means when there's no TV? No MTV." Mary was about to say something, but Michael chimed in "Sammy we're flat broke just give it some time buddy." he gave him a reassuring smile. Grandpa came back in the room with stuff for them. He smiled as he started to had stuff out "Michael your grandmother would want to have this protein stuff, she got it from one of the shops in town. Sam she got you a comic from some geek shop. Mary she would want you to have her favorite dress, she wore it on our first date." he smiled "Thanks grandpa." they all said in unison.