Ramblings Of The Mind - Tears

Note: These are the essays I write for school assignments. Just thought of sharing them on Wattpad (: You guys can use some of the ideas here if you're writing an essay similar to these. Share your opinions on them if you like! ^^ I'll put the grade my teacher gave at the bottom of it (:

--------------------------------------------------

Tears

Tears are a reflection of strong emotions felt within. They are usually associated with grief, and sorrow. However, they can also be triggered by anger, fear, remorse, happiness and laughter. There are many types of tears. In some cultures, crying is seen as infantile, and undignified, especially for males. It is perceived as a weakness; something to be ashamed of. Yet to me it connotes a positive emotion, a certain kind of joy. It is nothing to be ashamed of, in my opinion as it is just a display of emotions and it distinguishes us from animals. It helps to release pent up stress built up within our bodies and emotional relief is usually felt after crying.

As a bubbly person by nature, I rarely feel down and am jolly most of the time. Having experienced tears of joy the most, I do not really see crying as a form of hurt. Crying while laughing is actually what I would love to be able to do more often as it would suggest that I am ecstatic to such an extent that only crying would be able to show the degree of exhilaration I am experiencing.

Tears are a physical expression of how one feels and it is an indicator to others on one’s emotional state. Depending on the situation, they would represent different emotions. The common thing they all share though, is the need to be released, to relief the emotional stress. Tears should be let out, rather than bottled up.

There is another category of tears—fake tears, also known as crocodile tears. Crocodile tears are a false or insincere display of emotion such as a hypocrite crying tears of grief. They are superficial sympathy and are not heartfelt. Such tears are cried to achieve or attain something beneficial to one. They are a form of psychological manipulation to influence someone’s behaviour to advance one’s interest. This kind of tears disgusts me. One must be able to differentiate between fake tears and those that are true to make the right choices in life.

Tears are part and parcel of life. They accompany us from the moment we are born. We are always crying. It is just the difference between crying on the outside and crying on the inside. Crying on the outside is easily seen with tears. Crying on the inside however, tears take the form of figurative blood and we would die on the inside little by little if we choose to harm ourselves from within. Like what Christian Nevell Bovee said, “Tearless grief bleeds inwardly”. I also agree with another quote from Eileen Mayhew, “Let your tears come. Let them water your soul”. Never should they be suppressed.

25/30