Chapter 23

☆Alexis' POV

“Hey, penny for your thoughts?”.

My bed sinks as Noah sits beside me. I stop fiddling with my necklace and touch the side of my eyebrow.

“Well... I've never actually had pumpkin soup before” I say, peeping nervously into the bowl in front of me.

He chuckles and holds out a spoon in my face.

“M'lady” he bows.

I giggle and take the spoon.

“And I can assure you that it's going to be your favorite kind of soup from here on out”.

“You don't know that”.

“Oh but I do” he says. “And not just because I made it. But because of my secret ingredient... my undying love for you”.

He finishes off with his boyish smile and pecks my cheek.

“Go on then”.

I stir the soup, a bit suspicious at first, but then I take a sip and it makes me smile.

“Oh this is good” I confess. “Like really really good”.

He does the little bow again and I laugh.

“You definitely have to teach me how to make this”.

“Yeah sure...” he pauses “... after you marry me”.

I nearly choke on the soup and he already holding a glass of water in my face. I resist the urge to glare at him as he had that big smirk on his face.

“You're not funny Noah”.

“I don't intend to be Alexandra” he chuckles.

I ignore him and continue to eat. Soon, I'm done and I pull the blanket away from my body when he stops me.

“I've got it” he says, taking the bowl from me.

I watch him set it on the tray and turn back with a napkin which he uses to wipe the corners of my mouth.

Why is he treating me like a baby?

I smile.

“You know I can do it myself right?”.

“Yeah but I'd prefer to do it for you”.

I chuckle.

“Noah c'mon. It was just food poisoning. I'm okay now. You don't have to...”.

He leans into me shutting me up. His gaze was intense but not in the creepy way.

“I'm the doctor here and I say I'm taking care of you so that's that” he whispers. “Don't argue with the doctor”.

I smile.

“I'll be right back. Don't move”.

I hold up my hands in surrender and laugh as he walks out. Looking around my room I notice how organized everything is.

“Did he label my drawers?” I ask, looking at the colorful sticky notes on my drawers.

“Yeah sorry. I just didn't know where most of your stuff were and everything was just everywhere I thought I'd organize it a bit” his voice comes from the doorway.

Wow.

“Noah, have I thanked you for taking such great care of me?” I ask, almost emotional.

“Not enough. You should put up an alter for me and shower me with candy”.

I chuckle. He moves over to my bed and takes my hands in his.