XIX. Mirror, Mirror...

In the meantime, Bazren was now approaching the corridor that led to the vault. 

Upon arriving at the vault's location, she notices the door that Tentoria had marked with three question marks

Upon arriving at the vault's location, she notices the door that Tentoria had marked with three question marks. It was different from the other doors -- instead of wood, it was made of stone, and it had no lock or handle. It somewhat resembled the door that she had to go through when entering the fortress' storage room, the one that opened only with the use of a glyph. She decided to ignore it, as that was beside the point of her mission. She quietly heads inside the room to the left of the vault door.

Bazren: Raxyas, I made it to Okir's chambers. So far so good, he doesn't suspect a thing. I'll let you know once I'm inside the vault.

She inspects the wall that is shared between the room and the vault. The bricks that Tentoria had dislodged weren't difficult to miss, if one knew what they were looking for. Gently and carefully, she starts pulling them out one by one. After some time, there was now an opening large enough for Bazren to fit through. She goes inside, and is immediately greeted with an overwhelming scene. Bookcases and bookcases filled with purple boxes, whose glow lit up the otherwise dark room. She had finally done it.

Bazren: Raxyas, master Qu, is anyone there? I'm in... I'm inside the vault!

She carefully places the bricks back in their place. There was no point in leaving an exit point, as there was only one corridor that led to the vault... If she was spotted, any attempt to escape would be fruitless. As such, she deemed it wiser to conceal her current whereabouts as much as possible. A shifting sound is then heard from the adjacent room. Not Okir's chamber, but the one with the locked door. Something was moving... The sound of footsteps seemed to be approaching the room's door. Then, another sound. The sound of a big slab of stone being lifted, and brushing up against the walls. Whatever was inside that room, was now making its way outside. More footsteps are heard, this time approaching the vault door. They stop, right in front of it.

A young child's voice: Oki...! Oki! There's something inside the vault. Oki!

Its voice was projected loudly and clearly. Moments later, the thunderous sound of large, armored boots could be heard. Okir was coming, fast.

A young child's voice: Oki! Come on, hurry!

Okir: What's the matter, Neio?! Have you heard anything?

Neio: Inside... Hurry!

Okir begins opening the vault door. Bazren uses her exoskeleton to quickly climb up the room's walls, sticking as close as possible to the ceiling. The door opens.

Okir: Alright, let's see here!

Okir enters the vault, with the young undead close behind. It was no taller than Okir's leg.

Neio: I know I heard something Oki, something moved!

Okir: Maybe something fell... See if there are any boxes on the ground.