Chapter 7

Emmeline's POV:

During a sunny afternoon, two weeks before the graduation party, I, Emmeline Ella Arkwright, found myself in an unprecedented crisis.

Why? Just how did I get caught?

I had made a secret plan. On a temporary basis, I should be able to leave the Kingdom under the pretext of a formal invitation. It should’ve been a perfect strategy since it was for a good cause.

My father stood before me, whose eyes I didn’t dare meet. Meanwhile, my brother stared pitifully at me.

By the way, His Highness was there, as well. Despite sporting a princely smile, his eyes…

—His eyes aren’t laughing at all! How terrifying!

“Let me repeat the question once again—why would you decide to attend the evening party of the Crown Prince of La Steria in half a month? The party, which will be held to determine a fiancée for the Crown Prince?”

“Be… Because I got invited.”

“But you’re my fiancée. How’re you going to be in time for an evening party that’ll be held in the neighboring country, and not to mention, during the same day as the graduation party?”

I couldn’t say it. I couldn’t say that it was because I was sure he’d be escorting Katrina. Not here, not in the place where both my father and brother were present!

If His Highness still had an ounce of kindness, I was sure he’d become my escort to not embarrass me. However, if His Highness didn’t feel obliged to do so, it’d be meaningless for me to attend the graduation party.

Thus, in the name of participating in the evening party that I was invited to, I wanted to see the magic engineering school with my own eyes.

Despite knowing how farfetched it was, I dearly wished that my dream of continuing my study there would come true.

By the time of the graduation party, my engagement should’ve been annulled. Thus, I replied to the invitation to the evening party, saying that I’d attend.

Who would’ve thought I’d be exposed at such an early stage.

It went without saying that my father’s wrath struck me like thunder. Even my brother, who’d rarely complain about me, scolded me. I was still recovering from all of that.

As of the present, the prince, who happened to be at my house, was doing a cross-examination.

I haven’t heard that he’ll come…

Even though he’s supposed to be my fiancé, he didn’t inform me of his visit.

Your Highness, you’re not in a position to complain…!

“Emmeline, certainly, the Royal Palace had been contacted concerning La Steria’s evening party. But, without the duke’s report, I wouldn’t have noticed that an invitation had been personally delivered to my fiancée. Yes, the Royal Family isn’t informed of that. You are aware that it isn’t a mere evening party, right? The party is held to select the Crown Prince’s fiancée. For you to go to such a place, think about the implications. The meaning of you, who are about to become the Crown Princess, attending a party without the knowledge of the Royal Family. The meaning of going there without even consulting me, the prince.”

Yes, I understand it well.

Not only would it bring shame to the Vesta Royal Family, but it might also become an international issue.

But I can always introduce myself as His Highness’ fiancée, you know…

Despite knowing how reckless it was, I couldn’t contain my curiosity.