Chapter 4~

Meeting new people

      School. Most people dread this word because this sacred institution is considered to be boring , useless and sometimes a waste of time. Having the privilege to travel a lot and start learning at a young age, I reached a high level of knowledge. I'm proud to be fluent in all the possible spoken languages and to know many things. I'm resuming to that. When I told Samantha this morning I've never been into a school before she was freaking surprised.

"Wow. That's quite something. You think you'll be okay?'' She wondered.

I just brushed that question with a smirk. I've dealt with the most dangerous and psychotic criminals all my life and she think I can't handle a bunch of teenagers.

Like the kind and gentle person I am, I gave her a ride today (Haha..so funny I want to punch myself). As I was parking, I noticed the fucking size of the building. Designed in a gothic architectural style it stood over 40 feet tall, all surrounded by fresh cut grass and obviously, students. Sam got out of the car and started explaining all this stuff that I had to stop her. Excited much?

"Slow down tiger.''

''Right. We should see the principal first, right?" She inquired, looking around. Probably searching for someone.

"Yep."

After passing some more kids we got to our destination. The first thing I noticed was the strong smell of soap floating through the air. Principal Harrison was a short man in his fifties wearing a ridiculously creamy colored tie with dots on it and a suit twice his size. You know that thing when you actually wash your clothes and then you try them and they just seem smaller. I think in his case it's the other way around. Maybe he got smaller from washing. At least his face wasn't that bad.

"Hello ladies. I believe this is Miss Jones. We are glad to have you here." He addressed us stopping from his fascinating work of reading emails.

"Nice to meet you Principal Harrison. Adam must have announced you I'm coming."

"Ah, Adam ol' pal of mine. Yes, he called me a few days ago and I absolutely understood the situation. Your schedule is pretty similar to Samantha's. There hasn't been an incident since she came to our school, but you never know." He said in a worried voice. Nice to know someone is actually caring for these children.

"I will take care of her.'' I said, taking the schedule from the mahogany desk.

"Okay then. I'm wishing you a nice stay here and I'm sure you can take this as a vacation." I was thinking the same thing as I went to my first class. Biology.

" Meet me in front of Gastronomy Club down the hallway after class, okay?'' Samantha asked me hurriedly not even waiting to hear the answer.

"Sure.'' I grumbled to myself.

The first thing I noticed when I reached the room was this strange smile on Mr. Donovan's face. Remember that cat in Alice in Wonderland with its big green eyes and Cheshire smile. This man is an authentic replica of that one.

"Good morning, class. I hope this year would be as fascinating and fun for all of you as it is for me, covering a lot of topics along the way. You would be doing a lot of science practice and teamwork this semester and don't forget about the exam that's focusing mainly on Heredity and Evolution. Also I greet our new student miss Jones, whom is coming from New Zealand -quite a distance if you ask me- and I expect you to treat her nicely. Now let's start our lesson." He said after everybody sat down.

Most students were asleep by the end of that encouraging speech so the teacher had to clear his throat a few times to get their attention. I found out later that Mr. Donovan was my homeroom teacher and that he actually made quite a research on myself.