Friends on the other side

WARNING; GRAPHIC BLOOD, GORE, MURDER, IMPLIED SUICIDE, SELF HARM, DRINKING OF BLOOD, AND BLOOD PACTS- VERY INTENSE CHAPTER!!! POSSIBLE TRIGGER WARNING!!

IM BEING SERIOUS, I WENT ALL IN WITH THIS CHAPTER, IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE INTENSE STUFF, DO NOT READ.

=

Don't you disrespect me little man! Don't you derogate or deride!
You're in my world now, Not your world
And I got friends on the other side!

-

You hadn't even been married; he hadn't had the chance to propose; he had barely moved in after your parent's death.

You were barely into your early twenties.

It was probably the coldest and bleakest day of your life; Harrison's death and rebirth. As a vampire.

You hated remembering that day, that night more so.

-

"Be kind Harrison" you laughed, hanging onto his arm as his fingers intertwined with yours, making your way back home; not noticing the shadowy figure keeping pace behind you. Harrison just laughed, shaking his head.

"Always my dear" he muttered, kissing your knuckles "but he deserved it, you heard what he called Calista" you rolled your eyes at Harrison's defense, but you couldn't fault him for protecting his sister, even if it meant insulting the hell out of the butcher for calling Calista a bed-warmer. Which she wasn't, she was still 'pure' as the priest would say.

She saw no desire for things like that anyhow, her love and lust were for the world beyond the shores.

"Come on, it's almost dusk-" Harrison's words were cut off at the sound of a tree-branch snapping and he whirled around, eyes scanning the tree line behind you. "Harry?" you whispered, tugging on his hand gently, feeling him pull you to stand behind him "Harry?"

"I just thought I heard something" he muttered, turning and pulling you towards the castle, his shoulders tense and his hand tight around yours. You hummed, glancing back at the forest line, leaning into Harrison's side before you were ripped away; your scream cut short with a rough hand on your mouth.
"HEY!" Harrison yelled, running after you as the man tugged you back towards the tree line. "LET HER GO!"

"Come along my dear" a gruff voice whispered in your ear, and you struggled as best you could- recognizing it as the voice of the priest's brother. Solomon. He was much older than you, wealthy, and well off in his life. But his demands for your hand had been ignored by you and your parents; while they didn't like Harrison, they did admit he was better for you than Solomon.

You reeled your elbow back, sending it into Solomon's gut and making him double over. You ducked under his arms and twisted them about, flinching as his wrist gave a sickening crack. You bolted back towards Harrison, nearly collapsing in his arms as he grabbed you, pulling you back towards the house.

"What in the seven hells are you doing?!" Harrison yelled, pulling you behind him and glaring at the older man, Solomon's eyes flashing with madness and jealousy. "The gods decreed her mine, you devil!" Solomon screamed, the blood vessels in his eyes popping as he glared at you and Harrison.

"Fuck the gods then, she isn't yours to have! You cretin." Harrison hissed, slowly pushing you back towards the castle, you just had to get inside, and you both would be safe. "I will have her, we will wed and I will have her" Solomon muttered, his eyes swirling with darkness and cruelty. Harrison tilted his down, ready to do whatever it took to keep you safe.

"(y/n), get inside, now!" Harrison yelled, stopping Solomon in his tracks as he attempted to rush Harrison, the feral old man practically foaming at the mouth as he swung wildly. You stuttered for a moment, but obeyed, knowing you would be no help in this fight.