Pup-Watchers

Pup-watchers, often perceived as caretakers for the youngest members of the pack, play a crucial role in ensuring the well-being and safety of the puppies. Here are key aspects of their role and responsibilities:

**1. Childcare and Supervision:** Pup-watchers are responsible for providing childcare and supervision for the pack's puppies. They keep a close eye on the young ones, ensuring they are safe and well-cared for.

**2. Protection:** While they may appear frail and nurturing, pup-watchers can be surprisingly fierce when it comes to protecting the puppies. They are highly protective and will not hesitate to defend the young ones if they perceive a threat.

**3. Combat and Hunting Support:** When other pack members are engaged in combat or hunting activities, pup-watchers remain behind to care for the puppies. Their presence allows other pack members to focus on their tasks without worrying about the safety of the youngest members.

**4. Age Limit:** Pup-watchers typically care for the puppies until they reach the age of nine months. At this point, the puppies are considered old enough to join in other pack activities and no longer require constant supervision.

**5. Limited Number:** A pack typically has a limited number of pup-watchers, often no more than three. This ensures that there is an adequate caregiver-to-puppy ratio and that the young ones receive individual attention.

**6. Nurturing and Education:** Pup-watchers not only provide physical care but also play a role in the early education of the puppies. They may teach them basic skills and behaviors within the pack's social structure.

**7. Bonding:** Pup-watchers develop strong bonds with the puppies under their care, fostering a sense of trust and security among the youngest pack members.

In summary, pup-watchers are dedicated caregivers who protect, nurture, and supervise the pack's puppies. While they are nurturing and gentle with the young ones, they are also fierce protectors who prioritize the safety of the puppies above all else. Their role is essential in ensuring the healthy development and well-being of the pack's future members.

***I did not own those pictures. I use Pinterest to get them.***