Twirl - Thranduil

Warnings: none
Word count: 703 
Other:
Requested: nope

The celebration in Erebor is in full swing, and you are enjoying it, as is your husband. 

Thorin grumbled. He still wasn't delighted that the elves were in Erebor. He knew that it was necessary for the political relationship between the two kingdoms, but that didn't mean he was particularly pleased about it. After negotiations and heated conversations for four full days, some agreements were finally made for the politics of the kingdoms. The conversations had not been easy, sometimes bordering hostile as the meetings droned on for hours. 

Thorin shuddered and chased the thoughts away, not wanting to think politics when the feast was in full swing. He took a hearty drink from the tankard he was holding, letting his eyes wander around the hall. Most dwarves were in high spirits, dancing, laughing, and talking, clearly enjoying the more relaxed setting between them and the elves. Speaking of, they were scattered amongst the dwarves, participating in conversations.

But even if the conversation was flowing in the hall, it was clear that most of the attention was on the couple in the middle of the dance floor. King Thranduil stood perfectly straight, his silvery hair resting on his back, held down by the crown placed atop his head. He was dressed in deep burgundy red, the silvery cloak giving a stunning contrast as he spun around with the music. His eyes were on you the entire time, an adoring look covering his face as he twirled you around.

Your dress was the purest of white, and Thorin hated to admit it, the gems of Lasgalen rested on your neck, and fit there perfectly. Your gown fanned around you with your movements, and you laughed as you returned to your husband's arms, settling close to his chest. Thorin could sense the jealousy that radiated off the people surrounding the ballroom floor. The two of you were an epiphany of beauty, and it would never wither. The world around you would shudder, age, and die, but the two of you, blessed by Valar, would remain unchanged. 

As the band drew out the last trembling notes of their song, you separated from your husband and clapped politely as the band bowed before starting a new song with a faster pace. You allowed yourself to be escorted to the table where Thorin resided. You fanned yourself with your hand as you gratefully took the beaker of wine sipping it, pressing the cool metal against your reddened cheeks.
"The band is excellent tonight." Thorin took the compliment with a bow of his hand and watched you turn down a request for a dance with a smile. 
"I hope I do not insult them terribly but I am positively spent." You sighed as yet another wishful young elf left the table with slumped shoulders. 
"It is not your matter to worry of. If you do not wish to dance with them, darling, then you do not. Even if it seems impolite to turn them down. You must not do anything you do not wish, not as long as I am by your side." The look in Thranduil's eyes was so love-stricken that Thorin was not sure it was polite for him to be looking at the two of you, feeling like he was interrupting a private moment. 

"Come dance with me, Naneth?" Legolas gestured towards the dance floor where people were already gathering as the band started yet another slower song.
"You should be dancing with elleths of your own age," You stood anyway and gave Thranduil a bright smile, twisting your hips to flourish your gown out of your way. As you did, Thranduil grasped your hand to press a kiss on top of it before you stood. Your cheeks flushed, even after all the years of marriage, and you hurried after your son to the dance floor.

Now, the two kings were left in awkward silence.

Hello darlings, no time no see. I have been working on my bachelor's degree and it is starting to be finished, so the hope is I will be able to return to writing in some sense now that my free time isn't consumed by it as much.