Downpour - Haldir

Warnings: none, I think? A bit of angst and self-doubt, but it is soon forgotten
Word count: 1020
Other:
Requested: Nightstalker0707

Your mood is gloomy, and fittingly, the air in Lothlorien is filled with dark, looming clouds as the rain continues to pour down, unrelenting and wetting everything on its path. But you don't care.

The rain was pouring down heavily as you let loose one arrow after another. All your friends came in turns to try and usher you inside, but you ignored them, continuing to shoot even when they tried to seek cover from whatever was near to shelter themselves from the drops raining down. They were large, heavy, and wet everything in their path. This was not a small summer drizzle with warm dewdrops and peeking sunrays, this was a downpour, the drops cold and big enough to hurt when they landed on sensitive spots on one's skin.

Your clothes were so wet that you couldn't even feel it anymore, the coldness of the waterdrops numbed as you stared at your target, drops falling down from the front of your hood, but you didn't care. Your bow was slippery as the wood was spotting wet, the feathers strands on your arrows stuck together from the moisture. They still flew without problem, so you didn't let it bother you, even if the moisture was slowly starting to seep its coldness into your bones. Your hands were slowly becoming numb with the cold, but you couldn't care less. Your brain was filled with fog, not unlike the one that had loomed over the kingdom in the morning. Your mood was as gray as the sky, and you couldn't explain why. It just was, and you didn't bother to try and change it and settled to shooting arrows in the training yard, rain be damned.

"Y/N." Haldir's voice brought you out of your thoughts, but only for a moment. You didn't spare him a glance as you continued to let loose arrow after arrow. You knew your friends had put him up to this, they knew that he was the only one that could change your mind in a situation like this.
"Would you like to come inside?" His voice was hesitant but calm, and you felt his warm hand land on your sopping wet shoulder. You shook your head heavily as you notched another arrow, shaking his hand off your shoulder as you pulled the string of your bow tight, aiming at the target again.
"No." Your answer was simple as you let loose the arrow, watching as it hit the dead center of the target and stay there, waggling from the force of the hit. Haldir watched you for a moment, not staying a word until he turned on his heel and walked away. You sighed. You weren't sure whether or not you would have wanted him to stay, but you were alone, once again.

He returned soon with his own bow in hand and set to shooting towards his own target without a word. He seemed focused on his own target and shooting, but you knew that every one of his senses was honed towards you, to keep an eye on your mood and search for the slightest of hints that you might want to converse. You didn't feel like talking at the moment, but his experience of knowing you for centuries told him that you would start ranting soon, it was just a matter of time.

And he was right. After a while, you sighed and let your bow drop to your side, watching as the arrow you had hit settled against the target.
"Why are you with me?" You asked, and Haldir's arms tense before he could let loose the arrow he had planned to.
"What do you mean?" He asked, letting his arms fall with the bow, the arrow still carelessly notched on. A drop of water falls from the tip of your nose, but you pay no mind to it as you fiddle with the string of your bow.
"I mean why are you with me? There are many ellons that are so much b-" You were cut off by a pair of lips that felt so warm against your skin that you melted into his embrace immediately. The words on your tongue died and got lost as the kiss deepened. Your lips dance along with his, the love of the kiss filling you fully, from the bottom of your feet, all the way to the top of your head.

As the two of you separated, you stayed nose to nose, your labored breathings mixing into each other. The rain poured on top of you, but it was forgotten as the two of you stared into each other's eyes, lost in the looks of absolute love and adoration in each other's eyes.

There was a long while before either of you said anything, but Haldir was the first to speak, once again. His words were almost drowned out by the rush of the rain.
"I am with you because you are my one and only love. I am with you because you are the one I think of first when I wake up and the one I think of last before I fall asleep. I am with you because you are the one that I think of when I see beautiful flowers blooming in the forest, I think of you and your smile while I bring you a bouquet. I am with you because I don't know how to be without you." You smiled, tears now brimming in your eyes as you connected your lips into another kiss. You connected your lips into another kiss, wrapping your arms tightly around him and vowing to yourself that you would never let go of him.

It is the murder weather (wet, slippery, and horrible)out here in Finland so I thought that I would spend my time writing instead of going out and possibly breaking something if I fall down...

Requests are coming along nicely, a bit slower than I would want but I have to do school stuff too, unfortunately.