Chapter Four

"Legend has it that the flower will open at the sound of pure, beautiful music and that there was once one who loved this flower more than any other."

A Thousand Blossoming Glaze Lilies 

The wind stopped affecting my eyesight once Venti changed directions, using his body to protect me as much as he could. I couldn't help but rest my head against his chest, taking in every moment I could be this close to him. 

"We're almost there. Hold on tight." He looked down at me briefly and kissed the top of my head. That caused me to tighten the grip I had on his shirt. Venti noticed his opportunity to tease. "You're so cute when you're flustered. I miss seeing you this way." 

‧˚₊•┈┈┈┈୨୧┈┈┈┈•‧₊˚⊹

DAY 1             13 LEFT

The decision time has begun

‧˚₊•┈┈┈┈୨୧┈┈┈┈•‧₊˚⊹

A few more minutes passed before we both reached the ground once again. It took a few seconds for me to find my balance. Venti held me to ensure I didn't fall over. The sun had just begun its cycle of setting. Orange and pink swirls filled the sky complementing the blue flowers that surrounded us. I turned around to face the scenery, walking forward a bit. 

Glaze lilies were known for their tendency to bloom as the sun sets. I couldn't believe my eyes, the beauty in front of me, as hundreds of icy blue flowers began to blossom before me. I felt someone place their hands on my shoulder. slowly sliding it toward my waist as they approached behind me. 

"There is nothing like this view up in Celestia," Venti said.

"Flowers?" I questioned, raising my eyebrow even though he couldn't see my face. 

"No, you." He whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine. He hasn't spoken so close my to ear in a long time. The temperature in my face began to rise as I felt his presence inches away from my neck. 

I couldn't utter a word, as all my focus was shifted to Venti's body language. The way his hands slowly glided along my skin, how he rested his chin on my shoulder, how he pulled me closer to him. 

"What's wrong, y/n?" He spoke once again.

"Nothing, I'm just a little distracted." 

"By?" Venti said with a puzzled look on his face. 

"um..." 

"What? You can tell me." At that moment, Venti grabbed my hand as he lifted his head from its resting spot. He swiftly spun me around. 

We were now face to face. I ended up a little closer to his face than I anticipated. Our lips are mere centimeters from each other. I wanted to lean in, I hadn't been able to kiss him since before he left for Celestia. 

I remember vividly the sensation that filled my body as he placed his lips on mine for the first time. He filled my desires without me even having to ask. He cured the butterflies I'd been feeling in my stomach or maybe made them worse, but that doesn't matter. It's not important. I wished to share another moment like that with him, but perhaps it was too soon. I mean he came back just this morning to see me. But does that really give me the right to treat this as though he never left in the first place? 

I must have been lost in thought for too long, reminiscing on the past. Because by the time my mind had caught up to the present, the look on Venti's face seemed to be one of distress. Even though I was no longer wrapped up in my own head, I was still distracted by the scent of apples and Cecilia flowers. 

"Sorry, I don't know what's come over me. I keep thinking about before you left and I'm j-" My sentence was interrupted. In that instant, Venti had leaned in for a kiss. 

I'm pretty sure there was smoke coming out of my ears because my brain felt like it was short-circuiting. I could not form any coherent thoughts while Venti's lips were on mine. One of his hands moved from my waist to cuff the back of my neck as he leaned to deepen the kiss.

"It's ok, y/n, just take a breath and calm down." He said looking around the once-empty field, now covered in beautiful shades of blue. The sky has almost completely set, and all of the glaze lilies have finished blooming. The view was breathtaking, having Venti here made it 10 times better. 

After a few moments of silence, "I've missed you so much" is all I'm able to say to him. It's the truth though. He is all I ever thought about, I found a piece of him in everything that I did. 

"I've missed you too." He looks up towards the sky and I can see that he is now lost in his own mind. "It's so weird being back. But it's worth it to see you." He placed his forehead to mine and closed his eyes. 

"Why can't I go back with you then?" Venti didn't like that question.

"Because you have to live your life in Teyvat." His face became serious. 

"But-" I tried to interject.

"No. Y/n, I'm not going to let you die when you have so much more to experience." He turned away from me. I can tell this conversation is upsetting him. What he doesn't know is I'd do anything to spend the rest of my life with him. Even if that means ending it to join him in the sky. 

"I understand." 

"Don't be upset with me, y/n. Please, I can't be the one to take you from everything Teyvat has to offer."  He is now facing me again, rubbing his arm as a stress reliever. 

"Does our two-week deal still stand?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Of course, I made you a promise." Sadness clearly plastered on his face. He really doesn't want to let me die.