Chapter 8: A renewed focus

My arm was in a sling for a few months, missing so much time with this injury was the worse feeling I've dealt with. Just not being able to compete was next to depressing but I did take this time to go back home and spend time with family and my best friend Miracle. She kept my spirits up a little but I just wanted to get back in the ring.

"Miracle do you think I'm good enough to really win a championship?"

She rolled her eyes because I've asked her this question every time I lose a big match.

"Oh my god, if you ask me this question one more time I'm gonna punch you in the arm. You've been there for 2 years now and your already looked at as a top star. You do nothing but improve day by day, you stole the show at Worlds Collide and just had a great match with Io Shirai was basically the best there is in NXT. You're gonna comeback from this injury and get back in title contention and win that women's championship." She hugged me and it definitely made me feel better.

"Thanks girl." I said as we stopped hugging.

"I just know you better win it before I get there or that will be another thing I can say I'm better at then you."

"Oh whatever, you were supposed to be there with me already." We both wanted to be apart of WWE since we were little.

"I know girl but life happened. I'll be there soon enough."

                          11 months later.

Almost a full year after my injury and I'm ready to comeback. I'm not sure what to do though. The women's title scene is crazy right now. It's been a lot of talent that has came while I've been recovering and the biggest addition was Ember Moon coming back. I did remember hearing about the first ever Dusty Rhodes women's classic and I wanted to enter but I need a partner and I need one by next week when the first round is announced. While I was sitting backstage trying to think of someone I saw Raquel walk by and it hit me. I sent a text and got almost an immediate response and I went right to Mr.Regal's office.

"So I want to enter the Dusty Rhodes classic." I said as soon as I walked in.

"Do you have a partner?" He asked back.

"I sure do, I'll let it be known in the ring." I answered him and went off to the ring. My music hit and this was the first time in almost a year the NXT crowd as seen me in person, my first time back after my injury felt way different then my suspension. I grabbed a mic and sat on the top turnbuckle. I embraced the welcome back chants before getting the crowd to settle down.

"Thank you everybody, I missed you all. Almost a full year on the shelf and I see a lot has changed. A lot of new faces, some new stars in the making, still a dominate champion in Io. Trust me I'm still coming for that title. However, my priorities are a little different right now. See amongst the new things that's happened here on the black and gold brand there is one thing I want to talk about. That ladies and gentlemen is the Dusty Rhodes classic. See the first ever women's Dusty Rhodes classic tournament is starting next week and I'm entering. I know I need a partner and I was racking my brain trying to find one but while I was backstage Raquel Gonzales walked passed me and it hit me, I sent a quick text, got a quick answer, went to Mr.Regal's office real quick and it got approved. So please help me welcome my partner and soon to be first every winners of this tournament-" I got cut off by Chelsea Green's entrance music. She made her way down to the ring with Robert Stone and Aaliyah.

"Before either of you say anything, Chelsea I'm really concerned about you. I honestly think you are obsessed with me. 11 months, 335 days since my injury and the first person I get the pleasure of sharing this ring with is you. Please explain why." I said already losing my patience.