Chapter 23

Originally Updated: August 4, 2016

Updated: August 25, 2022

"I could at least carry something," I tried to reason with Vic. A week after he had shown me our place we were ready to move in. I knew I wasn't going to be able to carry a box, but I could at least handle small things. Vic wanted me to rest though while everyone else took care of moving everything. As sweet as that is, I felt useless sitting in the car. "You're fine baby, I really would prefer if you rest for now. I know you'll dive into unpacking and decorating the house, so let us take care of the heavy lifting," he told me in a sweet tone. A small pout formed over my lips, "What about small things?" I asked. "They've already been moved in, those were the first things to go Princess. I'm sorry, maybe you, Justin, and Tony could ride to the store? You guys can hangout and possibly get more things we need for the house?" He said handing me five twenties from his wallet. That would definitely be better than just sitting here. "Okay, I'll go find them," I told him with a small smile. I pecked his lips before waddling inside our place. It was already starting to look full with all the boxes scattered everywhere, I can't wait to unpack later.

I stopped Justin as he was exiting the kitchen, "Hey you wanna go to the store?" The boy smiled, "Heck yeah! Give me an excuse to not lift another box." I chuckled at his words. "Okay, I'm gonna find Tony." I told him before walking deeper into the house. I didn't see him outside so he had to be in here somewhere. I checked the babies room not seeing anyone, so I continued on toward the bedroom where I heard quiet sounds. I peered my head inside my eyes widening at the sight I saw. Mike had Tony pressed up against the wall with his tongue very much down his throat. I would say I'm surprised but I knew that was coming. They had been flirting with each other for so long, I was wondering when a move would be made. I took a few steps back just so I could call for Tony and make it seem as if I were just approaching the room, "Tony!" The boy walked out of the room with rose colored cheeks, "What's up?"

"Wanna come to the store with Justin and I?" I asked. Thinking for a moment he then nodded, "Sure! We can take my car."

-

"My back," I groaned as we finally made it to the checkout. I helped put the items on the belt before pushing the basket forward. The boys and I made small conversation as the cashier rang up all of our items, I pulled my wallet out to pay when all of the sudden I heard shouting. "Don't let them leave the store!!" I looked around thinking I would be seeing some wild goose chase. Instead the security guard approached me quickly. I wasn't even running, why are they in such a hurry? "We aren't doing anything," I said furrowing my eyebrows. "Yeah? Well what's inside your shirt? You're way too young to have a beer gut!" How does this guy know how old I am or what my situation is? "I- um-" I stammered, is he even going to believe me when I say that I'm pregnant? This situation was beginning to anger me. I shouldn't even have to explain this! "That's because it's not a beer gut, I'm pregnant." I folded my arms. The security guard laughed and shook his head, "That's a lie. Give it up, you're not leaving here with all that product." I was taken aback, I haven't had to deal with this the whole time. "He's not lying you know? He's buying a hundred dollars worth of groceries already!" Justin said, stepping forward. All of the sudden the guard reached forward and lifted my shirt up roughly, "Hey!!" I shouted and he let me go with wide eyes seeing my stomach. "How dare you put your hands on me? You don't even know me!" I shouted absolutely fuming, I'm sure there was steam coming out of my ears. That was so embarrassing! I didn't want my stomach exposed for the whole store to see. "If need be I could've done that myself without exposing everything to everyone! You asshole!!" The security guard began to apologize, "I didn't know it was possible-"

"Doesn't give you the right to violate my consent!" With those words I could feel myself starting to calm down now seeing his expression become apologetic. "I'm so sorry!" A manager came over to me. "Hank, go sit at your station please we'll talk soon." The security walked away from us and the manager began to speak again, "Is there anything I can do to help this situation? I'm so sorry," He apologized. "Thank you, I just don't think I'll ever be coming here again." I said letting out a huff of air. "How about your groceries are on us? I can even throw in a coupon for next time," He said. I wasn't going to pass that opportunity up, might as well take something good out of this. "That would be wonderful. Thank you," I said. The manager went over to the cashier that was checking us out and pressed a few buttons before a receipt came right out of the dispenser. "Thank you for coming, have a good day." The manager said as the rest of our bags were put into the cart. "Thanks," I gave as much of a smile as I could. My nerves were still bothered by that situation.