Chapter 21

Originally Updated: August 4, 2016
Updated: August 22, 2022

Another full week had passed of Vic and I not speaking to each other. Last week after Oliver had kissed my cheek, that spread around the school like wildfire. Vic had tried to speak to me, but every time he did I told him I still wasn't ready. I had given our situation a lot of thought, and I was still confused. I didn't know how to trust Vic again. I don't know if I should place my heart back in his hands since I'm still feeling the effects of the last time I did so. Oliver has been talking to me a lot more, and I didn't mind much since he wasn't coming on strong. It was apparent he had feelings for me, but I didn't know how to tell him I needed time. Since he hasn't brought up his feelings for me, I haven't said anything about them either. I would be lying if I said I didn't like the attention he brought with it. If I didn't feel like my heart belonged to someone else I'd give him a chance because Oliver does seem like a genuine and sweet guy.

"Are you going to the talent show in the last hour?" Nick asked.
I raised and lowered my shoulders, "I didn't bring money for it, I forgot." I started putting my things away. When the bell rang everyone who was paying the dollar for the talent show would go toward the gym, and anyone who didn't had to go to the library.
"I've got you," Nick said as he pulled another three dollars from his wallet. I shook my head, I always felt bad when people purchased things for me because I feel like I have to repay it.
"I don't want you to have to do that," I told him.
"It's just three dollars Kellin, I've got it," He chuckled in dismissal.
"I really don't have to go Nick, I feel huge anyway, so It'll be nice to not have to walk." I said zipping up my backpack before relaxing in my seat.
"Please, please Kellin? I don't want to walk alone! Plus Justin is going to be there, they'll wonder about you, and Tony is also in it!" he reasoned. I sighed feeling myself break at the word please. Hearing the fact that Tony is in it means Vic might be too, and as much as I didn't want to see him I could still support them from afar.
"Fine, fine I'll go. Thank you for paying for me," I smile softly. I wonder what instrument Tony is going to play in the talent show. I never expected that out of him considering how shy he normally is.

Nick and I left the room early to beat some of the crowd on the long walk to the gym. Since I didn't want to climb the bleachers, Nick and I sat on the very bottom row. We managed to save a spot for the rest of our group as the gym began filling up.
"Do you know what Tony is doing in the talent show?" I asked Justin, furrowing my eyebrows.
"I don't actually, he wouldn't say!" Justin's voice raised a couple octaves as he spoke. Was he lying? What would he have to lie about? Maybe it's just me hearing things. Tony could be doing something other than performing with the band. I could imagine him wanting to show off his guitar skills. I would just be floored because of how timid he is, and I can only imagine how much that would increase under the eyes of about three hundred people. I pushed that thought to the back of my head as some of the lights went off. The choir director came out and introduced themselves before announcing the talent show. After a small speech over how many talented people there were in our school she announced the first act. It was a group doing a skit, which for the most part was hilarious. By the time the fifteenth act had come out I was praying we were almost done. Mostly because the bleachers I sat on felt like a rock underneath me, and my swollen causing amounts of pressure to my thighs. I was beginning to get uncomfortable. The babies were also moving around which told me I might have to pay a visit to the restroom soon.

"Okay, this is our last act but certainly not the least. Give it up for Pierce The Veil," The choir director announced. With as much discomfort I was feeling my mind was mainly focused on leaving and forgot the real reason why I was there; to see Tony. My eyebrows raised when I saw Vic walking out with Tony, Mike, and Jaime following him. This is what Tony's doing. I wonder how he's holding up down there he looks scared shitless like I knew he would.