3. He's Awake

*--_+_--*

" I wonder if he's awake yet?"

"What if he's not?"

" What if he's ganna sleep forever?!"

"I don't want that~!"

Ignoring the whine from the fourth division commander. Marco and Thatch are heading below deck to the infirmary. The boy was in a good enough condition to move rooms but the nurses wanted to keep a close eye on him till he wakes up.

The nurses said the boy was most likely in fact not in a coma but in some sort of deep sleep. They haven't seen much of this condition, they wanted to take up the opportunity and study more about this 'deep slumber', they've heard about it during their time in the Grandline with the Whitebeards and maybe even before than.

This 'deep slumber' happens to every creature, though it's pretty rare, like two in five hundred thousand. It happens when one is gravely injured, close to deaths door, the brain of the owner is put to sleep for days until they're stable enough to function normally,  Most would wake up in about 2-3 weeks

Two days passed since the boy arrived. Considering what Garp said the boy has been in 'deep slumber' for two weeks and two days with no signs of waking up.

The boy didn't have any major injuries except the massive burn on his chest, it's most likely ganna leave a scar.

"Ne Marco, what do you think he's ganna be like?"

"Don't know -yoi."

Already used to his brother's rants, he didn't need to look back to know there's a pout on Thatchs face.

The pouty commander crossed his arms and followed his brother, mumbling theories about the teen under his breath.

Marco stopped walking causing the other commander to bump into him. Thatch took a step back, his gaze on his brother. "Why'd ya stop?"

Marco looked back. "We're here -yoi."

He said as he opened the door and walked inside. Thatch blinked, not getting how they got here so fast. He shook his head and walked inside, closing the door from behind.

*--_+_--*

Marco is sitting in a chair at Luffy's bedside, who has IV connected to his right arm. Thatch is disposing the used bandages as they decided to help the nurses in wrapping fresh bandages and apply medicine on the wounds.

He adjusted his glasses as he read through the documents the nurses gave him. He has alot of questions for the boy.

'What kind of devil fruit dose he have?', it said his body can stretch abnormally. They aren't any more information other than that.

'What are the pills for?' The doctors took the pills to see what it contains before giving it to the boy -with someone's devil fruit of course. There were some substances that couldn't be identified but pur to Garps words they still fed the boy the pills.

There doesn't seem to any harmful side effects in taking them so they let it be, though they're still investigating it.

His thoughts were interrupted when the door flung open. His brother stood at the doorway, a grin plastered on his face. A tray at hand and a bag over his shoulders.