Chapter 1 - Abhyuday

Rakshatra

It is early in the morning and the servants of the Palace had already started working in their allocated sections. The palace of the Royal family of Rakshatra, spread over acres of land, is protected by large 12 feet compound walls which remains closed always, except the time of "court of Common people", when the common people would be allowed to meet the King and put forward their problems, requests and ask for justice directly in the court. The entire vast Palace is designed in round shape and there is a lot of space between the Palace and the compund walls, which is utilized for different purposes like daily martial practice, horse stables and a vast garden.  The garden is present in front of the palace, the horse stable on one side while the special building for martial practice along with weapon storage is built at the back of the palace which is called as 'Shastrashala'(Place of weapons).  There is a big forest at the back of the Palace compound which is seperated from the Shastrashala by that one compound wall.  All the important ministers and Army General, along with their families, live in the capital city of Rakshatra while there are certain chieftains who will look after the provinces within Rakshatra.

In the Palace, a man dressed in Silk Dhoti and Angavastra(a long piece of cloth placed on one shoulder of the upper body) with some gold ornaments adorning his upper body came to the Shiva temple.  He stood infront of the Shivling (a form of statue of Lord Shiva) and prayed for a few seconds before he looked around for someone. And when he couldn't find anyone else, he went out of the temple and asked the guards standing outside the temple, "Where is Yuvraj Abhyuday?". The guards informed him, "Young General, Yuvraj already completed his morning prayer rituals and went to the underground basement". The Palace is of two stories and an underground basement which is the prison for accused people before the case is solved. Once the judgement is given then the proved accused will be sent to the large prison constructed in the east side of the capital, away from people.

The ground floor of the Palace mostly consists of the royal court, the common Puja (Prayer) room with human form statues of God Shiva and Goddess Parvati and also some halls where ceremonies could be held. And the top floor is where Royal family members and their children lives. This floor is segregated into four wings, east, west, north and south. North and South wing consists of two chambers each for King with his Queen and Yuvraj(Crown Prince) with his Yuvrani (Crown Princess) respectively. The couple could live together in a single chamber or can live in their own chambers, while both the chambers will be connected by a bathroom in between them for common use.  In case of Yuvraj Abhyuday, he designed a private prayer room in his wing, where no one else can enter without his permission.  While East wing is for the children who will have seperate chambers, the west wing is for the other wives of King, Yuvraj and other Royal males, who will have a normal sized chamber compared to the main wives with titles. Along with the other wives, there will also be courtesans for the entertainment of Royal Male members but these girls will not have seperate chambers.  In case, any one of the girls is called to spend a night with a Royal person, then they will have to go to the chamber of that person.

The Young General named Parth, went towards the basement in search of his childhood friend cum future King, Yuvraj Abhyuday. He knows very well about his friend, that the latter wouldn't miss his prayers early in the morning. And today it seems like his friend woke up too early. While he was halfway to the basement, he saw a mighty figure of a man coming towards his direction and stopped in his tracks immediately. As the figure came near, Parth sighed at the bloody sight of his friend.  "Yuvraj, what happened that you suddenly went to the basement early in the morning?", Parth questioned his friend Abhyuday, who didn't stop walking towards his chamber. And Parth followed him to his chamber as well to get his answers. When they both reached Yuvraj's chamber, Abhyuday took off his upper cloth which is simple cotton comfortable for night wear and went towards the bath area. Parth looked at the bloodied clothes on the floor and sighed again at his friend, who becomes tight-lipped when he gets angry. Parth could already guess what could have happened.