3. Precious Child

''The capital is so beautiful,'' Aelsa remarked. Tyland didnt know why he was impressed with his cousin she was beautiful and confident and had a skill for acting.

''Casterly rock is a lovely place as well.'' Viserys added

''Oh yes. I love the rock. It was a wonderful place to grow up. When i was little i went to lannisport and the fishermen declared there were mermaids.'' Aelsa admitted. ''I cant tell you how many summer days I spent on the water my head over the side of the boats searching. I hope my children one day get a chance to find the mermaids. A life long goal of mine.'' Aelsa admitted

''Thats lovely.''

''Childish.'' Aelsa countered '''but the moment we lose our childlike wonder about the world is the moment we lose our love.''

''What do you mean?''

''When we are young we live and love with our whole heart we believe in everything makes true love seem like a possibility.'' Aelsa told him

''Are you looking for true love?''

''Arent we all?'' Aelsa countered.

''People in my position don't usually get that chance.'' He admitted

''That is true,' She agreed ''a shame though because you are a remarkable man. I hope you end up with someone that values you. Challenges you. Loves you right.'' Aelsa said getting closer he felt her breath on him.

+

'The Small Council is urging me to remarry. It seems the realm wants for a new queen." Viserys told her

"A good and kind queen will give comfort to your subjects." Alicent offered. "Does the Small Council have a particular lady in mind?'

"Uh..." Viserys said awkwardly. "Lord Corlys Velaryon has offered the hand of his daughter, the Lady Laena."

"A very strong match, Your Grace." Alicent agreed.

"I must admit, I, I don't know Laena very well." Viserys admitted.

"I'm sure that she is good and kind, and that she will enjoy your company, as I have, Your Grace." Alicent told him kindly, her father would not be happy about that.

"I have another in mind," Alicent didn't know if she was happy or sad to hear that news. "But, I know Lord Corlys will start a war if I pick anyone but his daughter."

"I brought you something. I asked the stonemasons to mend it." Alicent said hoping to keep his mind on his alternative options.

"This is, um, a very kind gesture, Alicent." Viserys remarked. 'Very kind.' He said looking over the chest inside revealed a little dragon statue. He ran his hands along the dragon when a knock rapped on the door. 'Come.'

'The Hand, Your Grace.' Harrold told him closing the door as Otto walked in.

'Your Grace, I've called the Small Council to an emergency session.' Otto said looking down at his daughter.

"Why?" Viserys questioned.

"I think it best you hear it directly." Otto told him.

"Very well." Viserys agreed as they headed out.

+

"Lady Aelsa Lannister." Was introduced through the door.

"Come in." Rhaenyra said stiffly as she sat up on the couch.

"Hello princess," Aelsa kindly.

"Lady Aelsa, what can I do for you?" Rhaenyra said stiffly.

"Oh it is I that was hoping to be of service to you." Aelsa countered, Rhaenyra stared back at her. "I'm visiting my cousin, Tyland and with everything that has happened the past few moons... I just wondered if you might need a friend."