King's Lament

The moon's light shone down on Dark Cacao Cookie's armor, illuminating it ever so slightly. He walked and walked for what seemed like hours until he reached his destination.

He stared at the stone that marked his son's grave.

Slowly, he walked towards the stone and set a single flower down in front of it before stepping back.

For a few moments, he was silent. His mind drifted to that fateful day, when he murdered his own son.

His brow furrowed and tears stung his eyes. How could he have done such a thing?

To his own jam and dough...

Tears streamed down his face as his legs gave way beneath him and he fell to his knees. He wanted his son back, more than anything. He'd sacrifice anything if it meant going back and making things right.

But he couldn't.

He killed him.

Tears still streaming down his face, he slowly got back up to his feet.

He was a monster.

He slowly reached up towards his crown.

Monsters don't deserve to rule.

He ripped the crown off of his head and, with a roar of rage, threw it as far away from him as he could throw it.

Turning away, he began to leave the grave. Looking back once more, a solemn, regretful expression on his face, he left, never to return.