~21~

"Oi! I was wonderin' where you ran off to yesterday, love!" Enid ignored Jack Sparrow's oddly friendly greeting as he approached them on the beach, alongside Hector Barbossa and the female pirate captain. "What is a woman doing with Jones?" she heard the woman whisper to Jack, then scoffed.

Enid let out a soft growl and bared her teeth, making the woman captain straighten out, but she did not back down. "Not just any woman, love - a banshee," Jack replied with a cheeky grin. Enid pursed her lips and glanced up at Davy Jones, but his angered stare was locked on Jack Sparrow as they approached. 

She then looked down at the bucket of water the pirate captain had to stand in, and she openly frowned at the sight. I will find a way to help you, when this is over. On the other side of Jones stood Cutler Beckett and Will Turner, and behind them were rows upon rows of British ships, awaiting on their orders to attack. 

Enid felt oddly uncomfortable at the idea of going to war with the pirates across from her, and Barbossa's words echoed loudly in her thoughts. "If ye think yerself so high and mighty, lass, why did ye not kill Beckett yerself when ya escaped his ship?"

Enid looked down at the sand with a heavy sigh, and she rolled her shoulders. All of this can be settled with the death of Cutler Beckett, and finally we will be free, she thought to herself. "You be the cur that led these wolves to our door?" Barbossa spat at Will Turner. 

"Don't blame Turner. He was merely the tool of your betrayal - if you wish to see its grand architect, look to your left," Beckett spoke smugly. Everyone turned to look at Jack Sparrow, who also turned to look away, which made Enid roll her eyes. Strange indeed. 

"My hands are clean in this...figuratively," he said once he realized they were all staring at him, then anxiously began to bite his nails. "My actions were my own and to my own purpose, Jack had nothing to do with it," Will spoke up confidently. 

"Well spoke, listen to the tool!" Sparrow said cheerfully, completely care-free. "Will, I've been aboard the Dutchman...I understand the burden you bear, but I fear that cause is lost," the woman advised, a look of despair on her face. 

"No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it." Will's words made Enid look over at him as the words processed in her mind, and the arm she kept wound around Jones' tightened protectively. One fool left to fight for it...

"If Turner wasn't acting on your behalf, then how did he come to give me this?" Beckett spoke up in slight annoyance as he lifted a worn compass. Both Barbossa and the woman gave Sparrow disappointed glares, but the man only frowned in defeat.

"You two-faced rat," Enid hissed loud enough for Beckett to hear, making him sigh. "Careful what you say, my dear, for you've chosen to stand on my side," he warned her. "I have 'chosen' no side in this pathetic attempt at dominance, and I only look forward to its end and yours!" she spat back, whipping around to glare at him.

"Easy now," Davy Jones whispered to her, placing his hand on her arm. Her glare shifted up to his face, but it dropped a mere moment later as her anger simmered down. She looked across at the other pirates, and she caught Barbossa's eyes when he flicked his gaze over at Beckett expectantly. 

He will not live past this day, I assure you, she thought with a determined nod. "You made a deal with me, Jack, to deliver the pirates - and here they are," Beckett continued nonchalantly as he tossed back the man's compass.

"Don't be bashful - step up, claim your reward," he taunted with a grin. "Your debt to me is still to be satisfied! One hundred years in servitude aboard the Dutchman, as a start," Davy Jones spat at Sparrow. "That debt was paid, mate, with some help," Sparrow pointed out, gesturing to the woman.