My Bear is... Special

(Not edited cause sleep yes x.x but another update, so yay! Yay? *nods*)

Sam-

Waking up in a comfortable bed was surprising. I expected to be on the floor, or possibly even outside. Yet, as I opened my eyes slowly, I noticed that I was indeed in a large bed. A decent sized space spread out before my view, telling me that I was on the left side and the right side was unoccupied.

Hmm, where is Richard? Did he put me in bed before leaving for work?

It was possible. I didn't think he'd risk touching me when I was tired or asleep, but when I tried to get more comfortable and stretch a little, I immediately froze in place. A strong, warm hand rested on my side, it's fingers draped over onto my belly. The hand was huge. Easily twice the size of my own, or at least close. That fact, along with the scent lingering everywhere around me, made it very easy to determine who was behind me. Their chest pressed against my back. Their breath tickling my ear each time he exhaled a faint snore.

I needed to tell him to move, but I couldn't manage to get in a decent-enough breath to speak. Please. My plea didn't make its way past my lips. Instead, I tried to keep myself from shaking. Realization was hard to swallow.

I went into heat. Last night I lost myself and now I'm waking up in his bed.

I was very obviously naked, and judging from the feel of his legs tangled amongst mine and his bare chest pressing against my back each time he exhaled, he was too.

I can't. I can't be.

"Shhhh, it's okay."

Hearing Richard's deep, sleep-laden voice behind me didn't calm me one bit. My body began to shake harder as I tried to curl in on myself but at the same time, get out from under the blanket that was flooded with his scent.

Don't. Don't touch me. Don't touch me!

His hand slowly withdrew and I scurried away, dragging the blanket as it got caught on my foot. When I got the edge of the bed and turned, I knew before I even met his eyes that he'd been watching me. His expression was calm and sleepy, but beneath his dazed look he was really seeing me. My face burned from embarrassment and I tried to shift my weight back and forth, waiting to feel the tell-tale ache in my backside that meant I would be forced back into my canine form for another several months, kicked out, and forced to raise another group of puppies. Puppies that would likely die on the street like all of my others had. All except for Coda.

"We didn't."

I flinched, trying to cover my body with my hands. It was a meager attempt and just added more embarrassment... Until I realized what he had actually just said.

"We... We didn't?"

He slowly pulled back the blanket and revealed that he was wearing a pair of loose shorts. Loose, but not off. Relief was so prominent and sudden that I flopped over onto a stack of soft pillows, not caring how weird I was acting.