Head Over Heels (Stonathan)

a request from antisocialaphids
just Steve being in denial lol. also, I wrote this in science class on a Word doc and I got a lot of weird looks-
(also I'm definitely making a part 2 to this)

Steve definitely, absolutely, and under no circumstances had a crush on Jonathan Byers. First of all, Jonathan’s quiet-loner-nerd persona was not something Steve was supposed to be attracted to. Correction- it wasn’t something he was attracted to. 

And secondly, most importantly, Steve wasn’t gay. He’d been with girls before- lots of them. And just because he may or may not have made out with Tommy H a couple of times didn’t mean anything. They were just friends. And just because he had a few interesting dreams about Jonathan didn’t mean anything either.

At this, Robin’s skeptical expression deepened.

And sure, okay, maybe his heart sped up when he saw Jonathan in a way that it had done around Nancy, but that was just nerves! Totally. Right?

Robin sighed. “Steve,” She said, in the voice that she used when he was being very stupid (which was a lot of the time), “You like Jonathan.”

“Of course I do,” Steve shrugged, “he’s my friend.”

She paused what she was doing- rewinding The Empire Strikes Back- to stare at him.

"You like Jonathan.” She said again, with emphasis.

Steve shook his head. No way. There was absolutely no way. He wasn’t gay.

"Steve, do you remember that day in the movie theatre? When we were drugged?” Robin asked, more gently.

"Obviously. Michael J. Fox wanted to fuck his mom.”

“Yeah, yeah. But you also… said something,” Robin’s face twisted, “do you remember what you said?”

Steve thought. He didn’t remember that much in the three-hour period of being drugged. It was all sort of hazy- the clearest memory he had from that day was sitting in the men’s bathroom with a girl he’d liked so much. But if he really thought…

“So,” Robin waved her finger around, “that girl’s his mom.”

“She’s trying to fuck her son?”

“Yep.”

“If I was her,” Steve said, “I’d probably want to fuck Michael J. Fox too.”

Robin laughed. “If I was Michael J. Fox,” She grinned, “I’d want to fuck her.”

“Oh, damn. I totally forgot about that.” Steve muttered.

“Yeah. That’s what made me think… maybe you’d be okay with, y’know, me.” Robin leaned on the corner, studying his expression.

“Anyone would want to fuck Michael J. Fox. That doesn’t mean I’m gay.” Steve protested.

“Never said it did,” Robin raised her arms in defense, “it means you’re bi.”

Steve furrowed his brows. “Robin, I’m white.”

“Not biracial, you dumbass!” Robin said, exasperated, “bisexual, Steve. You’re bisexual.”

“...that’s the thing where you like both, right?”

Robin nodded. “Just something to think about.”

And Steve most certainly did think about it. He thought a whole lot about it.

Bisexual. It sounded… right. He definitely had liked Nancy- he could tell that. But also… maybe he had liked Tommy, too? And Jonathan. 

All he knew was that when he was around Nancy his heart sped up and he got butterflies and he kind of wanted to kiss her but he also kind of wanted to have sex with her. That was how he felt with Jonathan now.