𝐭𝐰𝐨 , 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

────────────

────────────

TWO;
AN ARRANGEMENT

────────────

     DINNER IS SILENT AS EACH MEMBER STUFFS THEIR FACE WITH AN ASSORTMENT OF FOOD. I shove the points of my fork into the chicken breast and idly scrape away at it. My mother and Daemon share a share a conversation about getting me ready to travel to King's Landing, whilst Baela and Rhaena snicker on about who knows what. Lucerys sits impatiently next to me. He's already scarfed down his entire plate. Ser Harwin promised that after dinner he'd take my young brother out to feed the dragons.

I shuffle in my seat when Daemon says my name. "How are you feeling about traveling to King's Landing?" He asks simply. I place my fork down on the place and wipe my hands on the cloth in lap. I take a swig of the wine in my glass before answering.

"I believe it will be an eye opening experience." I recite the words in which my mother had agreed for me to say when anyone were to ask of my feelings toward the situation. I have to answer like a princess, I have to give a practiced answer, one that cannot be decrypted because there is nothing to figure out.

"Indeed," Daemon plucks a grape from the stem on his plate. "Baela, Rhaena, why don't you two go and take Monteus out for a ride?" He asks, although it's more of a command. The two of them exchange a glance then run out of the room. Lucerys sits up in his seat and Daemon nods, allowing him to get up from the table. My brother jolts out of the room and Ser Harwin follows him through the door.

"Alerhya," Daemon says my name in a tone that makes me feel as though I've done something wrong. "You're grown enough to realize now the appearance of yourself, yes?" He asks, tilting his head. I stray my eyes from him for my mother, just for a moment. Her head is craned in the other direction.

"Indeed. I do not carry the tanned skin nor the dark features of my brothers." I reply, gliding my eyes back to his. He presses his fingertips together and leans toward me. The warm candlelight almost makes his hair look brown, but not quite. He keeps his voice hushed, although there is no one else in the room to hear.

"Many moons ago, before I married Laena, your mother came to be in a time of despair. Then it just so happened that you came along." He explains rather calmly, like he's planned these lines for years. I nod in knowingness. I'm not blind. I can clearly see the amounts of my features and who's they equal to be.

"Then my mother married Laenor and he died, as did Laena. Then you and my mother got married. I'm well aware of the happenings, Daemon." I will refuse to call him my father. I see him as nothing of the sort. He has never been there for me, not after Laenor died, not all these years later. The only person he truly cares about is my mother— he barely even pays attention to his own children, which of whom I do truly feel bad for.