Chapter Four - Shocks And Pain

During those months I met this man who I began to love, he was learning how to sing in the same class with me. He always understood me, he was always nice, respectful and honest with me. He was so important to me. In December we were dating each other, he confessed his love towards me by singing a song to me which I could never forget. Even my sister started dating someone and she was actually getting a good feeling about this special guy.

I was improving so well in acting, singing, dancing and relationships with my sister, her boyfriend Ron and my boyfriend Jake. Everything was going well and I was more than prepared to show Merinsha Decodra what I got. But then in Valentine’s Day it went all wrong.

Ron and Jake took us both in a huge club, it was all fun at first but then they took us inside a room where we found four other men, and by the looks of them all, including Ron and Jake, we just knew that we were going to be sexually abused. My sister Rose gave me a worried face and while one of the men was going to touch me I quickly got the knife that I keep in my boot out in my hand and stabbed him in the stomach.

The men stepped back with surprise while I quickly held my sister’s hand and both of us walked towards the door. Ron and Jake were trying to convince us that they were going to do nothing wrong, that they were just going to have fun, we got out of the room and after some time we finally found our way out of the club and went back home.

We were both still in shock, it was a good thing that I kept a knife, I always kept it for emergencies, I was trying to calm my sister down since she was still in shock. We were mostly in shock because of Ron and Jake, I really thought that he was the man of my life. Then I remembered that they knew where we live, so my sister and I went to the closest police station and reported what happened.

We were being protected by the police for two months and that’s when they finally found Ron, Jake and the other three men which were arrested. But there was another man which we didn’t get to find.

We thought that he was in hide, scared and that he would never dare to come searching for us again, so we told the police to stop the protection on us and moved on with our lives but more conscious on the dangers of what men can do, even if they are all sweet.

But not all men are like that, we women mostly find them sadly. The scholastic year was finally over, that’s when I applied for the upcoming year in Merinsha Decodra’s school. She declined my application without seeing my improved skills, so I started hunting down information on where her locations would be. I kept going where she goes and kept telling her that I will never give up until she gives me a chance.

Weeks later she told me that she would give me another chance, she invited me to a competition of skills, there could only be one winner, so I tried competing. I sang and danced, and in the next week she saw my acting in yet another play I participated in. She chose me as the winner, she said that my performance was wonderful, and that means a big saying from her.

So Merinsha Decodra accepted me in her school for the next scholastic year, I was so excited with happiness, I couldn’t even wait. I spent summer working harder for extra cash so I could afford both the school and my life expenses. My sister started dating a man since April, during summer it was known officially that she’s dating him serious, I was very happy for her.

I started the new scholastic year in September in Merinsha Decodra’s school, feeling so proud for finally starting my goal to advance into becoming a star in acting, but Merinsha Decodra didn’t want me just to act in her school, she wanted me to take the dancing and singing courses as well. So I started the three courses and it was a pain in the neck.