Chapter 7

"Deuc....Sorry I mean Alpha?."

Deucalion's fingers paused from where they were trailing across pages of a braille book, putting it aside when he heard Stiles speak up from the armchair he had claimed. He had left his boy to bond with Ennis, as Stiles had become attached to him, aside from himself. Deucalion was proud of his pack. They had become attached to Stiles too, and were really protective of there new member.

"Its just Deucalion or Deuc, Darling, there is no need  for titles when we are with pack."

Stiles seemed to latch onto that, heartbeat speeding up in excitement. As he leaned forward, curiosity lightening his scent, Deucalion heard him take in a breath in preparation, ready to ask whatever question was on the tip of his tongue. But then Stiles scent went sour abruptly and his jaw clicked a little as it was closed again abruptly. Closing himself off for a reason only clear to himself.

Deucalion pursed his lips, before deciding to pursue it instead of letting whatever Stiles was thinking fester.

"Darling, please don't be afraid to speak up. You can talk about anything you like here, and you can ask me of any of us any questions you want."

"I did....that though...when ever I asked Derek something, he seemed really annoyed . Everyone except my dad or Peter always tells me that I ask too many questions, or that I talk too much. I hear them talk about me behind my back, saying that they wished that I would just shut up. But I cant always help it though. Sometimes I get carried away, and I have ADHD so I can get a little hyper, especially if I forget to take my meds."

A low snarl interrupted Stiles, and he looked to the side to see Kali being restrained by Ennis.

"Let me go Ennis, I need to kill that worthless piece of shit and his pack of fucking idiots. Just let me....."

"Kali" Deucalion interrupted her, even though he was as angry as Kali but managing to hide it a little bit better for now so he doesn't scare his boy. He can see that Ennis is also holding back, and also the smirks on the twins faces. They were certainly going to teach the pack a lesson at school, he just knew it.

"Now is not the time, Hale and his pack will be judged, and this will definitely be taken into consideration, but now is not the time."

Kali pulled herself out of Ennis' grip, huffing and cursing, and she walked over to Stiles and lifted him up, so she could sit in the chair, and pulled him back onto he lap, to comfort him. "I'm sorry pup, I didn't mean to scare you." Kali stroked her fingers through his hair.

Stiles leaned into her touch, and the act calmed them both down.

Coincidentally, playing with Stiles hair was also an excellent way to scent mark a pack mate, and their newest pup didn't smell nearly enough like them yet. Something they would all be rectifying as soon as possible.

Deucalion considered the happiness that colored Stiles scent from where he was enjoying the head massage, unconsciously baring his neck to his pack in a show of pure trust. Deucalion stood up and walked over to Stiles and dropped down to his knees in front of him, whose heartbeat sped up in surprise.

The rest of the pack were staring as well. Deucalion didn't kneel for anyone.

"Darling, I want you to understand that we are not Derek Hale, nor do we have his odd conceptions of what a pack should or shouldn't be."

Deucalion grabbed Stiles chin, tilting his head a little so his boy could see the truth in his expression as he spoke.

"Look at me darling, we are not your old pack, and we never will be. We wont cast you out, we wont ignore you when you speak to us or otherwise need us. And if you have a question, any question at all, we will do our best to answer them. Do you understand?."

Stiles nodded, overwhelmed by the conviction in Deucalion's voice, but the truth of his steady heartbeat. "I understand."

"Then please, what were you about to ask before?."

"I was wondering , well I wanted to know if there are times when I need to use titles? considering you said that I don't need to call you Alpha when we are among pack, I assume it means  that there are occasions where I do need to use and when? and what titles do I need to use for everyone else? Are they also Alpha or do I only call you Alpha because you were the one to turn me?."

Deucalion chuckled softly. "Slow down a bit darling, so we can answer all your questions. Yes there are times when you need to use titles. When we are in negotiations with other packs, for Instance, It will be required to use a pack member title, which can then be followed by either their first or last name. I would be Alpha Blackwood, Kali is my left hand so she would either be Left Hand to the Alpha or Beta Kali, Ennis is my second in command so he would be either second to the Alpha or Beta Ennis. Both Ethan and Aiden would be Beta Ethan and Beta Aiden. Does that make sense. You would be Beta Stiles, or Beta Stilinski."

Stiles looked confused. "But they are all Alphas, how come they would be classed as Beta?."

"Good question, yes they are all Alphas, but technically in this pack, I am the head Alpha, and they are my betas. If they were to go somewhere on their own, they would use the title of Alpha, but when we are all together, it would be beta."

"Okay, that makes sense, I guess. I will be Beta Stilinski, Beta Stiles sounds ridiculous."

"If that is what you choose, then it will be Beta Stilinski, however you don't need to worry about it at the moment. In any case those situations don't apply in the meetings we will be having with the Hale pack. These will be more informal due to their transgressions. You will not have to call your own pack by our titles, only the opposite pack. They wont use any titles, that I am sure of, since Hale has no idea how to be an Alpha, or run a pack."

Stiles felt overwhelmed, but the information he was getting was way too interesting to ask for a break. Stiles just leaned into Kali and continued to listen to Deucalion talking.