Chapter 4: Sohone's Turn

No One's POV

Glim walks through the forest with a sleeping child in her grasp. She hummed a small tune while she comes up to the front of her father's house.

She used her vacant hand to open the door and carefully opened the leafy door.

She walked in and put Eve on a comfortable spot near her sleeping place.

Her father was frozen with his eyes closed below her as she gets into a sleeping position.

"Goodnight, Eve. Goodnight, Dad." Glim smiled before going to sleep herself.

But before she could succumb to the dreamworld, she heard a soft voice from beside her.

"Goodnight, Miss Glim." Eve smiled, still in deep sleep.

Glim looked at her in confusion.

'Does she talk in her sleep? How adorable.' She internally squealed.

She closed her eyes yet again as sleep consumed her.

As dawn reaches, Glim's father unfroze from the heat of daylight.

He goes up to where Glim was supposedly asleep and smiles at her sleeping figure before glancing behind her to see a fully awake Everest.

Eve and him both made eye contact as Eve suddenly spoke.

"Hi?"

His eyes widen before he screamed, waking Glim up with a jump as Eve squeaked in surprise.

Glim stretched a bit before looking between her father and Everest.

She realized that she hasn't told her dad anything about Eve staying over, so she took a deep breath in before explaining to her dad.

After explaining, Glim got a few scoldings but her father still agreed on letting Eve stay for a while.

"Thanks so much, dad!" Glim hugged her dad with joy as Eve watches awkwardly.

Eve went over to Glim and tapped on her leg.

"Um, Miss Glim? Today's Mister Sohone's turn to see me." She reminded.

Glim stopped hugging her father and grabbed onto Eve's hand.

"Right. Dad, we're going to the Sun Temple today. But we'll be back for lunch!" Glim acknowledged before walking out the door with Eve.

"Just be careful!" Her father yelled out.

"We will!" Glim smiled before shutting the door behind her.

They walked towards the Sun Temple in silence.

Glim had several questions to ask Eve about but decided against it.

"Miss Glim, I know you still have questions about me." Eve smiled softly.

"How'd you know?" The wax girl curiously asked.

"Your face says it all." The child laughed.

Glim laughed along with her.

"True, I still have a few questions to ask you." She said.

"Go ahead!" Eve replied as her ears twitched a bit.

"Well, tell me about yourself." Glim asked with a small shrug.

"Oh, okay! I'm 8 years old. I like moon cakes, strawberries, and different kinds of fruit. And.... I only have my Godfather and Guardians to take care of me..." Eve seemed to drift off at the last part.

"Hey, are you okay?" Glim frowned.

She looked at her with a sad grin and giggled.

"Nothing, it's okay. I just miss them a little." She reassured.