Chapter 1: Too Busy

No One's POV

Sohone and Mune were doing they're usual routine of circling the Sun and Moon until Glim had to call on a meeting for them.

Both of them thought that it might be serious and decided to let the gigantic creatures rest for a moment as an eclipse.

Upon arriving in between the light and dark they both saw Glim waving at both of them and giving both of them a hug, as the two hugged her back in return. The two Guardians looked at her with confusion.

Glim had a sly smirk plastered across her face.

"So, I've been reading a few ancient books lately, since both of you are busy doing your jobs and all that." She explained.

"Glim, you keep reading these books and everytime you do, you always have these insane theories about them. Also I told you before I don't read." Sohone sighed.

"Come on, Sohone. Hear her out." Mune tried to put a hand on his shoulder only to realize that it's still sizzling hot.

"Yeah I found something. Something other than earth. Something different. Another world, full of new things and discoveries!" Glim seemed excited to explain to them about this 'other world'.

This peeks Mune's interest as he tilted his head slightly and made an owl hoot of confusion.

"Another world? What's that suppose to mean?" Sohone crossed his arms.

"Hmm, I found this book called The Eclipse Family Album and in all honesty it got me curious since, you know. Mune, your the Guardian Of The Moon and, Sohone! Your the Guardian Of The Sun!" Glim explained.

The duo looked through it and found many pictures of people they've never seen before with the names written on the bottom of each picture.

"So, what your saying is that there could be a third Guardian?" Sohone rose a brow.

"This is an interesting family tree." Mune commented intrigued, tilting his head and making another small confused 'hoot' noise.

"Yeah, I know right! It still confuses me on who they are, even though I saw they're faces in the album and read through they're names." Glim furrowed her eyes.

"So, there's nothing else that could tell us on who they are?" Sohone shrugs.

Glim made a thinking motion.

"Yeah, but I'm determined to find out what they are like! I mean, it's not everyday that a new thing like this comes along." She smiled.

"Sounds exciting!" Mune praises.

"It sounds like trouble." Sohone sighed.

Glim's smile falters before regaining it's posture.

"Oh come on, Sohone! I mean, I found this little kid in the album!" She pouted, flipping through the pages before showing them the specific page.

"Isn't she cute! Her name's Everest, as you can see here! She peeked my interest because I looked through this book and no other children, other than her, could be seen!" Glim explains, pointing and gesturing with the words.

"Aww, she does look cute." Mune said in awe.

"Cute kid, but I think she's just a child inside an old family photo." Sohone said with an unimpressed smile.

Glim looks at him with a displeased look.

"Then what's the album doing here of all places, Sohone?" Glim sarcastically asked.

Sohone was about to say something but decided against it.

"She's right you know, they could've been here and accidentally left this behind. Glim, where did you find this book?" Mune questions.

"Oh! I randomly came across it on my way home the other day. I had nothing better to do, so I decided to take it home and read through it." Glim casually tucked her wax hair behind her ear while explaining.

"Mmhhmm, okay. What does all this have to do with us?" Sohone asks.

Glim started to fidget nervously.

"I was wondering if-" "You want all of us to go look for them, don't ya?"

She was cut off by Sohone's unimpressed voice.

"Yeah." Glim chuckled softly.

Sohone pointed at the creature holding the sun then pointed at the bird-like creature holding the moon.

"Sorry Glim, but we're Guardians of the sun and moon. You can't expect us to leave our temples for another adventure. Someone's got to guard them, you remember what happened last time?" Sohone sighed.

"He's right Glim, the temple could go haywire if we both don't watch over them. Besides, I don't want you to go alone. You could get hurt." Mune apologizes.

"It's okay, I understand. Without you guys to handle the sun and moon, things could get out of hand, again." Glim smiled assuringly at the two.

Mune patted her shoulder before they both had to go do they're job.

Glim grabs the book and sadly goes home.

Her father was there, waiting for her.

"So, how was your day?" He asked.

"Not that good but also not that bad." Glim replied.

"Oh my, what happened?" He asked, worriedly.

"I didn't get hurt, dad. The Guardians just didn't approve of my request on this." Glim showed her father the book and sighed.

"Oh, you showed me that book and said that you wanted to go on another adventure. The Guardians didn't approve?" Her father questions.

"Yeah, as usual they both were too busy doing their jobs as Guardians. And I couldn't go alone." Glim gloomily replied.

"Oh, maybe it's for the best. Now, I'm off to bed. It's nearly dark. Try to get some sleep too, okay?" Her father assured.

"Okay." Glim smiled.

As the night drew near, her father freezes in place.

Glim sits on the ground and stares at the stars outside.

"I wish that someone from this family album could atleast come here and explain some things." She hugs the book album into chest before closing her eyes and going to sleep.

As she does, a small shooting star shot out from the sky and enters towards the land of the night, scaring a few people on the way.