Chapter 19 - Contentment

Wei WuXian lay on his stomach for the whole night. The first half of the night was spent thinking about what in the world had happened to Lan WangJi during these years, and he only drifted off during the second half.

"Oh!" Jingyi exclaimed in disappointment. "Is the story about Senior Wei and Hanguang Jun and Sect Leader Jiang when they were teenagers over already?"

Wei Wuxian shrugged. "Well, that's not that bad of a thing. Things only go pretty steeply downhill from there..."

Jingyi pouted. That was precisely why he had wanted to keep watching and learning about their past lives! To see the fighting and action!

"I suppose it was good enough we got to see what the seniors were like when they were studying here as teens." Sizhui said with a soft smile. Jingyi snorted as he remembered the pornography book incident in the Library Pavilion. He'd never be able to look at the place the same again.

Disgruntled mumbles around the room indicated a lot of cultivators shared Jingyi's sentiments.

"So we aren't going to get to see the Sunshot Campaign and the massacre at Nightless City?" huffed one cultivator.

"I really wanted to see how Wei Wuxian made the Stygian Tiger Amulet." another cultivator sighed dramatically.

Guo Wanxin rolled his eyes. "I'm sure there will be more flashbacks of the past, relax! This exhibition is obviously centred around Wei Wuxian, they wouldn't just ignore such major parts of his life! Or rather, his lives. " 

When he opened his eyes the next morning, Lan WangJi had already disappeared into nowhere. On the other hand, he lay on the bed properly, with his arms placed on the sides of his body in a position that made him seem well-behaved. Wei WuXian immediately took off the blanket that covered him. He dug the fingers of his right hand into his hair. The unexplainable feeling of absurdity and fright still couldn't be erased from his mind.

The audience could now all understand why Wei Wuxian was so shocked at Lan Wangji's behaviour. And of course he was scared that he was no longer able to make Lan Wangji flustered or angry - even after literally climbing into his bed. After all, getting under people's skin - particularly cold and stuffy people like Lan Wangji - was a prized talent of his.

At this time, two knocks came from the jingshi's wooden door. Lan SiZhui's voice came from outside, "Young Master Mo? Have you waken?"

Wei WuXian, "Why are you calling me so early in the morning?!"

Lan SiZhui, "E-early? ... But, it is already nine."

Everyone of the Lan Sect rose at five and slept at nine in a very systematic manner. Wei WuXian, on the other hand, rose at nine and slept at one in a similarly systematic manner, precisely four hours later than those the Lan Sect.

"It's the same amount of sleep. Except better because you can stay up late drinking, and when you wake up, the sun is high and shining." Wei Wuxian declared. Suddenly many people were  reconsidering their sleeping schedules.

"Wait," Zizhen suddenly asked, "Since you sleep with Hanguang Jun now, does he get up later or do you get up earlier?"

"Neither." Wei Wuxian replied. "Hanguang Jun is an excellent role model, of course, so he always gets up at 5 to do some work. Even though we generally fall asleep at the same time after we have our nightly-"

"Oh, ok! Thanks!" Zizhen squeaked, cutting Wei Wuxian off before he went too far.

Because he lay on his front for half of the night, his waist and back were both aching. He spoke in an honest tone, "I can't get up."