13.

we walked down the hall and i stayed behind as ashton walked in.

"hey jenna, could i have a word with you regarding something that was revealed during our session?" ashton spoke lightly.

"oh god what did she say now?" mom spit out.

"she told me about a sexual assault incident that happened on her 12th birthday and by the law i'm required to tell her guardian." ashton spoke.

"she's lying." mom spoke simply.

"you don't believe your own daughter?" ashton asked.

"she's a fucking liar ashton. don't believe her." mom spoke angrily.

"jenna, i don't think she would lie about sexual assault. that's a hefty accusation." ashton spoke calmly.

"look, believe her or not, i don't care. if she was assaulted then she probably did something to deserve it. now leave, i wave my right to hear these type of ridiculous comments she makes." mom spoke as she turned over.

"y-you don't believe me?" i asked as i walked into the door frame.

"bella don't be fucking surprised. of course i don't. brad would never do that shit to a minor." mom
replied.

TRIGGER WARNING

"he came into my room at 10:13 pm on my 12th birthday. i don't know what the fuck you were doing but, he came into bed with me and he touched me thinking it was you. he was so drunk he couldn't tell a woman's body from a child's. he pulled down my pants and fucking raped me mom." i spit out.

"brad wouldn't do that bella. stop trying to be a fucking attention whore. i get that you need to keep your edgy i'm a cutter look and attitude, but it's not cute." she yelled.

"wow.. unbelievable i'm giving you detailed information of what happened and you're choosing to believe a man who you don't even talk to anymore over your daughter." i chuckled with tears streaming down my face.

"yeah bella. i am. only because i know you're just saying this shit to get ashton's attention. you should apologize to him." mom spoke simply.

"i'm done with this conversation. bye." i mumbled as i turned my back and walked out of the room.

ashton's pov

i quickly grabbed my phone and texted the boys that bella was about to break down.

"as her therapist, you need to learn how to communicate with your daughter. she's clearly telling the truth, she's displaying no signs of lying." i spoke slowly. "but as someone she is currently living with and who i think of as a daughter, this is disgusting how you treat her and i think you need to dive deep into your soul and try to find it in you to treat her better."

"you just don't understand and never will." jenna chuckled as she turned over.

"understand what jenna." i spoke calmly.

"understand that your effort to save my daughter will never be enough. she's been broken for the past 12 years of her life. you can't fix that in a matter of months." she whispered.

"i'm not in this for a couple months. i'm in this for life, so are the rest of the boys. i'm going to go try and find your daughter, try to relax." i spoke as i walked out of the room.

bella's pov

i sat back on the top of the roof with tears in my eyes and heard the door open and close.

i turned around and saw calum again.

"i thought you might be up here again." he spoke softly.

"i don't think i can come down from the ledge right now, so if you want to come back later you can." i mumbled as i turned away.

i felt a hand grab mine lightly and drag me down.

"i'm here." calum whispered as i collapsed into his chest sobbing.