C3 | Ghosts of the Past

~Third Person POV~

Kanae woke up in the middle of the night, since she was very thirsty. She got up and headed to the kitchen.

But Kanae felt something was off. She went to the sink with a cup and got a glass of water and drank it.

'Why does it feel off here right now?' Kanae thought, putting the glass into the sink.

She felt a presence behind her. She whipped her head to look behind her and saw nothing.

'Thats odd. I swear someone was behind me..' Kanae thought, turning back.

She, again felt the presence, this time feeling a hand on her shoulder. She turned around again and was met with a person, glowing blue and transparent.

"Huh? Are you a fucking ghost?" Kanae asked, accidentally swearing.

"...Yes, hello Kanae Kocho.." The ghost said with a smile, before two others appeared behind him. Kanae stepped back.

"We aren't gonna hurt you.. We just want to introduce ourselves and why we are here.." The ghost in front said.

"I'm Sabito. The ghost on the right of you is Makomo and the one on the left is Tsutako.." Sabito said, holding his hand out.

Kanae did the same, though her hand went right through it.

"Ah.. Close enough.. Anyways, Tsutako, you talk to her.. You part of his family!" Sabito said, pushing her to the front, switching spots.

"Well, I probably won't have to explain much if I fully introduce myself.. I'm Tsutako Tomioka, Giyuu's older sister. Sabito and Makomo were his friends.." Tsutako said, shocking Kanae.

"Wait what?! How did you guys die?!" Kanae asked, still shocked.

"A demon broke into our house and killed me.. Sabito and Makomo died in final selection.." Tsutako explained, looking down. "My poor baby brother, he's changed so much.."

"That explains why he is so introverted.. But why did you guys come to me?" Kanae asked, looking up at the ghosts with confusion.

The three looked at each other, debating whether to say anything. They then came to an agreement.

"We came to you because you have an undying crush on him.. and well, we feel that you can help him open up more.." Makomo said from behind Tsutako, smiling.

"I'm pretty sure hes sleepwalking right now.. Anyways, thanks for listening to us Kanae.. Hope everything works out in the end.." Sabito said, before they all disappeared into the air.

Kanae was still shocked by what happened, but she went to her room, shutting the door and laying on her futon.

'Well that just happened.. I guess I should confess soon, shouldn't I?' Kanae thought to herself, turning to her side before falling asleep..

"So Tsutako, are you sure that was a good idea?" Sabito asked, sitting up in a tree with the other two.

"I'm sure it will be fine Sabito! Plus Giyuu has a huge crush on her! It will be fine!" Tsutako assured Sabito.

"Okay, whatever you say then! Shall we go watch Giyuu now? I want to make sure he doesn't break a leg while he's sleepwalking" Sabito said, flying off.

"Okay then!" Tsutako said, following Sabito alongside Makomo.

When they reached the house, Giyuu was already back in bed, which made the three sigh in relief. But then they heard him sleep talking.

"Kanae... I do too.." Giyuu mumbled, turning around in his futon, pulling the covers over his head.

"Shut... Shinobu.. Mosquito..." Giyuu mumbled again.

"Bahahah! That's hilarious!" Sabito said, grabbing some ghost food before the three started listening to Giyuu's sleep talking..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~