chapter 16

6 months later

After six long months of princess lessons, Ariel had finally learned everything she needed to know. "Congratulations Ariel! You now know everything about being a human princess." Carlotta says. "Yay!" Ariel says. "Ooh this calls for a celebration dinner! I'm going to go tell chef Louis." Carlotta says as she leaves to room. "Congratulations darling!" Eric says. Ariel turns to look at him. She smiles. "Thanks baby." She says as she lays her head against his shoulder. She then yawns. "Awwwee is my wife tired?" Eric asks as he brushes her hair out of her face. Ariel nods. "I'm exhausted. I've worked so hard for the past 6 months. I feel like I haven't slept in ages." Ariel says as she starts to nod off. "Oh my poor ariel. Let's get you to bed. He kisses her head and picks her up. He then begins to carry her upstairs. He then takes her into their room and tucks her into bed. Then max comes in and barks. Eric turns around. "Shhh!!!!! What is it boy? Ariel is tired and needs to sleep." Eric says as he squats down and scratches max behind the ears. Max pants. Eric looks at Ariel. She was fast asleep. Eric then writes her a note and puts it on his pillow that way she will see it when she wakes up. "Come on max let's go outside." Eric whispers. Max pants happily and wags his tail. Eric then takes max out and he closes the door to their chambers so Ariel wouldn't be disturbed. Eric took max out to the beach. Eric picks up a stick and throws it. "Here boy! Fetch!" Eric says. Max runs to go get the stick. Max grabs the stick and brings it back to Eric. "Good boy max! Who's my good boy?" Eric asked as he scratched max behind the ears again. Max barks again. "That's right boy. You are." Eric says. They continue to play fetch for a while and then Eric goes back up to check on Ariel. Max goes on and plays somewhere else. Eric walks into their bedroom and finds Ariel awake. "Oh look who's awake? Did you find my note?" Eric asked. "Oh hey Eric! Yes I did thank you." She says as she pats the bed. Eric comes and lies down on the bed with her. Ariel was day dreaming about her life. Ariel smiled at Eric and went back to daydreaming. "So how are you feeling?" Eric asked. Ariel didn't answer. "Ariel." He says. She doesn't answer again. "Ariel!" Eric says as he lightly shakes her. She turns and looks at him. "Huh?" She says. "Ariel are you ok?" Eric asked. "Oh I'm sorry, I was just thinking." Ariel says. "Ah ok. What is on that beautiful mind of yours?" Eric asked as he puts his arm around her. "Well, do you remember on our honeymoon and we talked about kids and I said I wasn't ready to have kids?" Ariel asks as she looks him in the eyes. Eric nods. "Yeah but we still don't have to have any for a while if you're still not ready?" Eric says. Ariel smiles. "Well I think I am ready now." She says. "Ok.... Wait did you say you are ready?!" Eric asked excitedly. Ariel nods excitedly. "Oh Ariel! That's so exciting!" Eric says as he hugs her tightly. Then he pulls back. "Darling, once we do this our lives will be changed forever. Are you sure you are ready for that? You are only 17." Eric says as he looks deeply into her eyes. He wanted to make sure that she was ready. "Yes Eric. I have already thought it over. I know our lives will never be the same but I know all about the human world now and I believe I am ready to start the next chapter of our lives. So yes Eric I am ready!" Ariel says with a huge smile on her face. Eric smiles. "Oh Ariel! That's amazing!" He says as he pulls her into a very passionate kiss. They continue kissing until they need to come out for air. Eric was ready to pounce on her. "Woah. Easy there sharky." Ariel says as she holds him off of her with her hand. "What is it?" He asked with concern in his eyes. "I just thought we should put this on hold until after dinner." Ariel says as she puts her other arm around his neck. Eric was confused. "But why?" Eric asked. "Well, because after our celebration dinner tonight, we can come up here and nobody will bother us until the morning." Ariel says with a wink. "Ooh I like your thinking baby! Alright it's a deal." Eric says as he kisses her. Ariel smiles. This is all she ever wanted. She was going to start a family with the man of her dreams. They lay there for a while. Then Ariel decided she wanted to make this night special. Ariel then sits up and gets out of bed. "Ariel where are you going?" Eric asked. "I need to go do something." Ariel says. "Would you like me to come with you?" Eric asks as he sits up. "No. I want it to be a surprise." Ariel says with a wink. Eric nods. "Alright darling. I will see you at dinner." Eric says as he lays back down. Ariel nods and waves to him. Then max comes back in. He barks. "Come on max. Is this what you want?" Eric asked as he patted the bed. Max wagged his tail and jumped up on the bed and lays down next to Eric. Eric starts to pet him. "Oh Max. Ariel says she has a surprise for me but she already gave me the best surprise today. She told me that she is ready to have kids!" Eric says excitedly. Max kept wagging his tail. Eric sighed happily. "Oh Max I'm finally getting the happily ever after I have always wanted." Eric says.

Meanwhile Ariel wanted to make tonight the most special night ever, but she didn't quite know how to do that. So she goes down to find Carlotta. She checks the kitchen and finds Grimsby making sure the dinner was being properly prepared. "Oh well hello my dear. What are you doing in the kitchen? Dinner is not for another hour." Grimsby asked. "Hi Grimsby. Actually I was looking for Carlotta, have you seen her?" Ariel asked. "Ah yes, she actually just went to the wash room to check on the laundry. Do you remember where that is?" Grimsby asked. "Yes Grimsby. Thank you!" Ariel says as she heads down to the wash room. When she gets there she finds Carlotta folding the clothes. "Um excuse me, Carlotta?" Ariel asked shyly. Carlotta turns and looks at her. "Oh Ariel. What are you doing up here?" Carlotta asked. "Well I actually needed some advice, you know some womanly advice." Ariel said with a wink hoping she would get the message. "Oh well of course, come sit down." Carlotta says as she pulls up a chair for Ariel. Ariel sits down. "Now what is it you wanted to talk about?" Carlotta asked. "Well tonight Eric and I are going to have a special night. We have decided we want to have children now." Ariel says. Carlotta gets excited. "Ooh!!! Congratulations sweetie. So why do you need my help?" Carlotta asked. "Well I want to make this night extra special for Eric but I don't know how. What do I do?" Ariel asked. "Ah! We having been waiting for you to ask that question." Carlotta says excitedly. Ariel was confused. "We?" She asked. "Oh, well the other maids couldn't stop talking about you being a mermaid and they figured you would ask that question eventually. So we had something made for you." Carlotta says. Ariel then gets up. Carlotta pulls her over to the wash room closet. She opens the closet. There was seven silky and lacy night gowns. Carlotta takes the night gowns out of the closet And hands one to Ariel. "I had them made in different color too." Ariel unfolds it.and looks at the sexy night gown. "What is it?" Ariel asked. "Well it's a night gown but it's a sexy night gown." Carlotta says with a wink. "Oh. And you are sure that this will make the night more special for him?" Ariel asks. "Yes! He won't be able to resist you." Carlotta says as she winks again. "Alright then." Ariel says with a smile. Then Ariel remembered that Eric was in their room. "Shoot I can't take these to our room because Eric is in our room." Ariel says. "Hmm.. I got it. I will put them in the basket of clothes and during dinner I will put your clothes in your dresser drawers." Carlotta says. "Oh that will be great." Ariel says. "Ok so which one do you want to wear tonight? I'll put that one on top so you can just grab it." Carlotta says. Ariel looks through all of the night gowns then she finds the perfect one. It was green and lacy with sequins all over it. Ariel lights up. "This one! It's the exact color of my mermaid tail." Ariel say. "Ooh then that is absolutely perfect for tonight. Ok I'll put that one on top." Carlotta says. As she puts it in the laundry basket. "Thanks Carlotta! You are the best!" Ariel says as she hugs her. "Oh! You're welcome." She says with a giggle. "Now you go on and hang out with Eric until dinner." Carlotta says. "Ok see you later." Ariel says. Then goes off to find Eric.

While Ariel was talking to Carlotta, Eric went down to talk to Grimsby. "Oh hello Eric." Grimsby says. "Hey Grimsby, can we talk for a moment?" Eric asked. "Oh well sure." He says as they both sit at the table. "Well Ariel has told me that she is ready to have children." Eric says. "Oh well, congratulations my boy." Grimsby said. "Thank you. Anyways Ariel wants to make tonight special and is surprising me. I want to surprise her too. I'm thinking I put candles all over the room to make the room have a romantic feel to it." Eric says. "Hey that's a great idea." Grimsby says. "Yeah but I want it to be a surprise. Do you think you could go up there while we are eating and put them in the room?" Eric asked. "Yes. I would be delighted." Grimsby says. "Thanks Grimsby. And please don't tell anybody. Word travels fast around here and I don't want any crazy baby rumors going around. That would be too confusing for Ariel." Eric says. "You have my word." Grimsby says. "Great thanks Grimsby. I will see you later." Eric says as he goes back up to his room. After a while they come down for dinner. "Now tonight we have a special dinner for a very special evening. Ariel has finished her princess training." Carlotta says as she Grimsby and Eric start to applaud. Ariel blushes. "Thank you. It was a lot of hard work and dedication." Ariel replied. "Now on the menu tonight we have roast beef!" Carlotta says as she brings out the trays. They lift their tray covers. "Ooh this looks very good." Ariel says. "Now if you will excuse me I didn't finish putting the laundry away." Carlotta says as she sneaks off. "Oh ok see you later then." Eric says. "Oh and I have to go do some very important paperwork." Grimsby says as he excuses himself. "Oh ok we'll have a good night Grimsby." Ariel says as she waves to him. "Good night my dear." Grimsby says as he rushes off. Then Ariel and Eric begin to enjoy their meal. "Mmm..... This is delicious!" Ariel says. Eric chuckles. "Well I'm glad you like it." Eric replied. Then after dinner they headed upstairs to head to bed.