Chapter 14

The Next day, Ariel wakes up to find herself wrapped in her husband's arms. She looks over and smiles. She is so happy. Then all of a sudden, she starts to smell something good. "Mmmmm, that smells delicious." Ariel says as she carefully climbs out of Eric's arms. Then she followed the wonderful smell down to the kitchen. She enters the kitchen and finds Carlotta helping Louis make breakfast. Carlotta turns around and sees Ariel. "Oh Princess I didn't know you were awake. Oh! And you are not dressed! Sweetheart you can not go around in your night gown." Carlotta exclaimed. "Oh? Why not?" Ariel asked. Carlotta escorts her out of the kitchen. "Because you don't want other men seeing you like that. They may take advantage of you dear." Carlotta replied. "Take advantage?" Ariel asked. Carlotta sighed. "Louis, I'll be right back. Don't get into any trouble while I am gone." She warned Louis. Louis comes out of the Kitchen. "Don't Worry Madam, I will just keep cooking." He said with a pleasant smile as he walks back into the Kitchen. Carlotta escorts Ariel up to her room to get dressed. "What do you mean take advantage of me?" Ariel asked again. "Princess, I believe you should ask your husband that question." Carlotta suggested. Ariel nods. They arrive at Ariel's room. "Now do you need help getting dressed?" Carlotta asked. "No Thank you, I think I can handle it." Ariel replied. "Alright. Let me know if you need anything." Carlotta says as she goes back to kitchen. Ariel enters her room and finds Eric awake. "Oh Ariel! You gave me a scare." Eric says as he walks over and embraces her. "Oh I'm sorry! I just went down to see what was cooking in the kitchen. It smelled great." Ariel said with a smile. "You went down in your nightgown?" He asked. "Well yes." Ariel said. "Oh Darling. Please Never go down when you are not dressed for the day." Eric says as he was very concerned. "Ok why do you and Carlotta not want me to go down in my nightgown in my own home?" Ariel asked. "Because, someone could take advantage of you. I really don't want that to happen to you." He says with one hand on her shoulder. "Alright I understand but what does that mean?" Ariel asks as she starts to get frustrated. Eric's facial expression changed from concerned to surprised. "You don't know what that means?" Eric asked. Ariel shakes her head. "Come on sweetheart let's sit down." He says as he takes her to the bed. They both sit down on the bed. "Sweetheart. Do you remember when your father used to say that humans are dangerous?" Eric asked as he took ahold of her hand. "Well, Yes of course." Ariel replied. "Well, you see, Not all humans are like me. Not all men treat women with respect." Eric says as he runs her hand with his thumb. "What do you mean? If they don't respect women, then what do they do?" She asked as she was very confused. "Well, Sweetheart, do you know what rape is?" Eric asked. "No." She says as she shakes her head. Eric sighs. "That's what I thought. Ok. Sweetheart, do you remember our wedding night?" Eric asked. "Well yes, of course! It was wonderful." She replied with excitement. "Well, Sweetheart do you remember when I entered your body with out you knowing what was going on and you didn't want me to do that?" Eric asked. "Well, yes but you didn't know that I didn't know how that worked." Ariel said as she puts her hand of his cheek. "Yes, but not every man will stop like I did." Eric said. Ariel looked confused. "Sweetheart if it were another man he might have continued to touch and have sex with you without your permission." Eric says as he lets a tear fall down his face. Ariel wipes it away. Ariel was also shocked. "Eric why are you crying?" She asked. "I'm sorry Sweetie. I just can't bare the thought of someone doing that to you." He says as he sniffles. "Oh Eric. I had no idea that humans are monsters." Ariel said as she starts to cry too. "No sweetheart listen. Most people are good people, but there are some bad people too. And I don't want someone to try and take advantage of you in that way." Eric says as he embraced her. She the pulled out of the embrace. "So most people are good, but just look out for bad people?" Ariel asked. "Yes Darling, and just know if anybody tries to hurt you in any way at all, I promise to protect you. And if you do get targeted be sure to tell me so I can catch him and throw him into the dungeon! Do you understand darling?" Eric asked. "Yes and I promise that if I get attacked, you will be the first to know." She says as she hugs him again. Eric rubs her back. "Good. I love you so much!" He says as he embraced her tightly. "I love you too Eric." She says as she continues to embrace him. Eventually they pull out from the hug. "Now let's get dressed and go down for breakfast alright?" Eric asked. Ariel nods. "Great." Eric says as he kisses her forehead. They then get dressed and head down for breakfast.