Chapter Four

Ivan opened the door and smiled sweetly at the American. "Oh, privet, Alfred!" He said kindly. His rather prominent nose was bright red, as if he had been blowing it all day. He seemed pale as well, still wrapped in that scarf of his but, he was wearing pajamas.
Alfred mentally hit himself for not going home and freshening up a little bit. He grinned. "Hey! I came over to check on ya! I heard you were sick from boss!"
Ivan chuckled and smiled again. "Oh, you came to check on me? Thank you!" He moved to the side. "Why not come in?"
Alfred nodded and walked in. He looked around and started to get a bit envious. "Woah, your house is way nicer than mine, man."
Ivan chuckled softly. "Thank you. Take off your shoes before you come into the rest of the house, please." The tall, muscular Russian man walked to his kitchen and began to rummage around. "Would you like anything to drink?" He asked.
Alfred began to pull off his shoes. "Um, anything that's alcoholic?" He asked as he chuckled. "Today was a bit stressful." He walked into the kitchen with him.
Ivan nodded and smiled at him again. "Sure!" He began to look through his cabinets and his fridge. He looked at Alfred with his violet eyes. "I have enough stuff to make you a screwdriver?" He said. "Is that alright?"
Alfred nodded and chuckled. "Sure." He couldn't help but stare up at his deep violet eyes. After an awkward silence, he looked away as Ivan prepared the drink. He took out the orange juice and the vodka and prepared the drink.
Alfred mentally cursed to himself for staring for so long as he leaned against the counter. "So what are you sick with?" He asked.
"Oh just a little cold. I know it isn't a big thing, but I don't want to get my comrades sick as well." He turned to him with a soft smile, handing him the drink. He chuckled and took the drink from his hands. He blushed and began to drink it. "Since you are drinking, I can drive you back, yes?" Ivan said.
"Nah. You need to rest. I can have my roommate come pick me up."
"No, I insist. I really wouldn't mind."
Alfred shrugged and smiled. "Alright. Thanks, dude."
Ivan smiled and stared at the American as Alfred drank. He seemed to be looking him up and down almost. Alfred turned his head, noticing Ivan staring and blushed, frowning slightly. He finished his drink and smiled at him. "Thanks for the drink."
"Want another?" Ivan asked.
"Sure!" Alfred grinned, not wanting to seem rude.
Ivan took the glass and began to prepare the drink again. "How was work?"
"The same but it was busy and handle a lot of orders..."
Ivan turned to him and sighed. "I'm sorry... I didn't want to miss today... I was really hoping to see you but, I guess I got sick."
It took Alfred a little bit to process that Ivan wanted to see him. He cleared his throat after a few moments. "U-um... Well... Its okay... No rush, buddy..."
Ivan smiled. "What about the others?"
"Arthur and Francis were arguing like always and Lovino was yelling at Antonio like usual... Veneziano was happy and Ludwig was quiet as well..." He trailed off, thinking deeply.
"Are you alright, Alfred?"
"U-uh, yeah. I'm good. I was just thinking about how Antonio can deal with how much Lovino is upset with him 99% of the time... And how does Ludwig deal with someone who is the exact opposite of him!"
Ivan thought for a moment, stirring the drink. "Well, maybe they really do love each other... People see more to a person than others see. Plus, love makes you do stupid things," he said with a soft chuckle.
Alfred stopped for a moment and stared at the Russians back. "Hm... Yeah.. I guess... But I just dont understand yet..."
Ivan turned to him and handed him the drink and laughed. "Well, I guess you haven't been in love, have you, Mr. Jones?"