𝟏𝟏: to love is to lose

𝟏𝟏: to love is to lose"Only for a few moments

"Only for a few moments."

"I was born in 1450, that makes me five hundred and sixty years old." Rose said looking at the fire burning in the fireplace, while Ondina walked in with a blood bag.

"You know if you were a bottle of wine.." Ondina trailed off, as she moved to stand by Rose.

"So I can die. I've lived long enough." Rose told to herself mostly.

Ondina gave a her a look, before opening the blood bag to pour it in a glass. "You know if your going to be Scrooge, I'll kill you myself." She said playfully. "It's a just a little werewolf bite."

"Just a little fatal to a vampire werewolf bite." Rose retorted.

"Well according to legend, which is a notoriously unreliable source." Ondina held out the glass to Rose. "Drink up. Blood heals."

Rose took the glass, before taking a long sip of the blood. "Yeah." She said as she lifted her head up. "It does feel like it's working."

"Let's have look." Ondina said, as she pulled back Roses zip up to look at the bite. Ondina looked solemnly at the bite, it had gotten worse.

"How is it?" Rose questioned.

"Uh. Definitely better." Ondina lied as she looked at the bite. "Right, Damon?" She looked over at her brother, signaling for him to lie as well.

"It's not bad." Damon told Rose, as he looked at Ondina. "Me and Stefan have something we have to do. We'll be back."

"Right." Ondina nodded, before walking past Damon. "I'm going to go get another bag." She told Rose.

Damon followed Ondina into the hallway. "Ondina wait. Is she going to die?" He asked his sister.

"Probably." Ondina mumbled. "The wolf bite caused some kind of infection and I can't siphon the magic out of it. It's getting worse, Damon."

"Like a poison?" Damon questioned.

"I don't know, Damon." Ondina sighed. "I can't do this with you right now." Ondina mumbled, before walking down to the basement to get a blood bag.

After Ondina had grabbed the blood bag, she had helped Rose back up to her room.

"I hate this. I'm a vampire I haven't had a cold in five hundred years." Rose grumbled, as she got into Ondina's bed.

"Just get in the bed." Ondina mumbled, as she sat the blood bag and glass down on the nightstand.

"We don't get sick. When we die, it's fast and sudden. And it's certainly not drawn out with an illness." Rose said, as Ondina helped her take off her zip up.

"You forget that I have two brothers who are vampires and i'm a siphoner." Ondina sighed softly. "Your not going to die."

"Such a human thing to say." Rose mumbled.