Chapter 4

Noah sighs as he walks into his house and has to step over the shoes and rucksack left in the hallway, he looks over to the living room but sees that its empty. He walks into the kitchen and finds a note propped up on the kitchen counter addressed to Mr Stilinski in a flowing lilac ink. Lydia, Noah guesses and unfolds the note to find a list of all the meals that are now in his fridge and freezer, along with very detailed descriptions of each meals nutrients and how to best cook them. He sighs and huffs a chuckle, taking a quick peek in the fridge to see that yes its fully stocked not just with meals but all other necessities too.

He can't say he's surprised, the Pack have all been fussing over him since Stiles disappeared, it is occasionally annoying as hell, sometimes after the hellish day he has had he just wants comfort food and a beer or better yet a whisky. But there was no hope of that, his son had created a close knit Pack of protective kids who seem to currently think it's their job to look after him. Stiles would be proud of them and its with that in mind that Noah puts up with it and to a greater extent appreciates the generous sweetness of it. It's been lonely and heart wrenching without Stiles, some days he wonders if he can even make it through the day at all, but then he looks at the family photo of him, Stiles and Claudia on the wall and knows that he can't give up. His son is alive and out there somewhere he is sure of it, but he also can't help at times doubting it. That's when the strength and support of this seemingly adopted bunch of kids he now has keep him going.

He grabs himself a soda (diet of course) and makes his way up the stairs. He stops outside Stiles' room and pauses, steeling himself like he does every time he goes in there. He pushes the door open and sighs when he sees a curly mop of blond hair poking out of Stiles' duvet.

He must make some sort of noise as the curly mop moves and Isaac's blue eyes appear peeping out and blinking blearily up at him. Noah huffs in a muffled chuckle and says "hey kid, you alright?".

Isaac opens his mouth and pauses, seeming to realise that maybe he should have heard the Sheriff before he even got upstairs to discover him led fast asleep in his sons bed.

"Sheriff Stilinski Sir hey I mean hi um sorry I um just wanted to help Lydia bring over some groceries earlier and ended up doing some cleaning so you didn't have to and uh well I just wanted to take a quick break is all after I finished but I must have fallen asleep, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to invade or overstep or anything or.."

"Isaac stop its fine, you're all good there is nothing to apologise for and thank you for the groceries and cleaning. You didn't have to do any of that, in fact none of you do, I realise you are all tag teaming the Sheriff babysitting duty you seemed to have assigned yourselves and whilst there is no need for any of you to do it, I do appreciate what you are all doing too. Stiles will be gloating over training his pups so well when he gets back" Noah jokingly says, his heart wrenching at the mention of Stiles' absence.

Isaac blushes, looking down, "sorry Sir uh Sheriff Sir we uh just don't wan't you to feel like you are alone and we know how much Stiles worries about you, we want to make sure you are still in tip top shape for when he is back"

Noah smiles kindly, "thanks Isaac and its Noah, like I have told you all what must have been a hundred times by now" he chuckles and Isaac grins brightly back at him, "yes Sir Noah Sir" and cheekily salutes.

Smiling at his sassyness Noah paused before asking "Now then why don't you tell me why you're really here?".

Isaac winces looking down at his hands twining the bed sheets through his fingers. "That obvious huh?" Isaac asks and Noah huffs a laugh "well I am the Sheriff for a reason kid, what's going on? Why aren't you home at Chris' or with any of the Pack at Derek's?"

Isaac winces at the mention of Derek's name and Noah doesn't miss it. Isaac stays silent as he seems to consider his words and Noah takes pity on him sparing him having to feel like he is betraying his Alpha.