Chapter 5

Lydia's at CNRI, when she hears a voice say, "Lydia

Lydia's at CNRI, when she hears a voice say, "Lydia." Lydia turns around to see Moira Queen and Lydia says, "Mrs. Queen! What are you--" Moira cuts off Lydia and says, "It's Oliver. Something's happened." Lydia says, "I heard. It's all over the news." Moira sighs and says, "These charges are ludicrous." Lydia says, "I know. Can I ask you, who's representing him?" Moira says, "Well, that's why I'm here. He wants you to represent him." Lydia slightly widens her eyes and says, "Me?" Moira says, "Yes. I told him it was a bad idea, but to be frank I am desperate. He says if you don't represent him then he doesn't want any attorney." Lydia softly smiles and says, "Of course. I'll represent him." Moira smiles and says, "Thank you, Lydia." Lydia nods. Later, Lydia's sitting next to Oliver in the courthouse and the officer says, "Docket 81-9-4-1. People versus Oliver Queen. Murder, aggravated assault, assault with intent menacing and trespassing. Mr. Queen is being represented by Lydia Lance." Judge Moss says, "Now, as to bail." Attorney Blake stands up and says, "Your Honor, Mr. Queen's family owns a pair of private jets and, well, on the subject of their wealth I would point out that there is virtually no bail amount that could guarantee his presence at trial." Lydia stands up and says, "So, it's a good thing that the people's case is so circumstantial. Mr. Queen's wealth should not deprive him of the right to be released on bail while under the presumption of innocence." Attorney Blake says, "He is a flight risk." Lydia says, "Then minimize the risk. The defendant is willing to submit to home confinement and electronic monitoring through the wearing of a UKG45 administrated ankle device." Oliver says, "No, he wouldn't." Judge Moss hits her gavel down and says, "Sold." Attorney Blake says, "Your Honor..." Judge Moss says, "Bail is set at $15 million. Five million dollars bond. Defendant to see probation for fitting if a GPS device." Oliver looks at Lydia and says, "Thank you." Lydia nods and says, "Of course. There's no way you're the vigilante." Oliver says, "I agree." Lydia says, "The Hood is actually trying to make a difference. We both know that's not exactly your style."